Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Static IP / Subnet mask and Gateway Post 302250662 by c00kie88 on Friday 24th of October 2008 02:26:27 AM
Old 10-24-2008
Static IP / Subnet mask and Gateway

Hi all,

I installed Fedora 9 + squid at one of PC at work.
Our company has windows 2003 servera acting as DHCP server.

During installation, i set linux box up as Static IP (192.168.0.100)

But once installation completed, The pc is assigned a different IP address instead of 192.168.0.100.

I changed the config at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 but no good..

I also changed the gateway at /etc/sysconfig/network

i restarted but it still picks up different ip address.

Note: 192.168.0.100 is not in use

any idea?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Subnet mask

Hi, I have about 30 computers for users with subnet mask x.x.x.0, and 25 computers for workers with s.m. x.x.x.128. My server has a s.m. x.x.x.128 so with workers computers I can see my server and all the computers in that s.m., but I can't see the server from the users computers and I need to see... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0DiaC
7 Replies

2. IP Networking

changing the subnet mask permanently

I understand how to change the ip address permanently however, I need to also make a permanent change to the subnet mask. How would I accomplish this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnparksjr
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Need help in changing the subnet mask

Hi, I have a task to edit the subnet mask in almost 100+ solaris servers.Few of the servers are configured with IPMP.There will be no change of IP address or default gateway.If its a single IP we can bring NIC down,change the subnet mask in /etc/netmasks,then bring the NIC back to normal.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajip23
3 Replies

4. Solaris

how to change the subnet mask of interface

Hi all, could you please tell me how to Change the subnet mask of interface aded:1 from ffffffc0 to ffffff80 regards Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
7 Replies

5. AIX

Changing subnet mask for a NIM Network.

I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I did search for this answer prior to posting but no luck. Running an AIX NIM Master at 5.3TL9SP4, with about 100 clients. The subnet of one of the networks defined in the NIM env has changed. When I go to Manage Networks, Change/Show... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
0 Replies

6. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns at same time

Is there a command that can lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at the same. I know ifconfig can lookup ip address and subnet mask. I know route -n can lookup gateway. Not sure about a dns command. So I hope there is a way to lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Changing the subnet mask on solaris 10

Hello, can anyone help me with the command to change the subnet mask on solaris 10? The mask is currently 255.255.255.255 I will like to change it to 255.255.2555.0. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all ip address from subnet mask

I have this subnet file shown below. How can I calculate all ip addresses from that list 103.22.200.0/22 141.101.64.0/18 10.0.0.0/22I need to be able to read the subnet file and print all IPs in those subnet to an out put file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
3 Replies
InternetSharing(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					InternetSharing(8)

NAME
InternetSharing -- simple NAT/router configuration daemon SYNOPSIS
InternetSharing -d DESCRIPTION
InternetSharing is the back-end for the Internet Sharing feature. It is responsible for configuring the network interfaces, the DHCP server bootpd(8), the network address translation daemon natd(8), and the Internet domain name server named(8). named(8) is run in caching-only mode and allows the DHCP server to always offer the same DNS server address to the DHCP clients, regardless of the value of the actual DNS server addresses. The single command line option -d places additional debugging information to stdout/stderr. InternetSharing is launched by launchd(8) both at start-up and when the user turns Internet Sharing on in the Sharing preferences pane. By default, InternetSharing configures the IP addresses for non-AirPort interfaces starting at 192.168.2.1, walking up by one class C network (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) for each subsequent interface i.e. 192.168.3.1, 192.168.4.1, 192.168.5.1, and so on. The AirPort interface by default is assigned 10.0.2.1. CONFIGURATION
InternetSharing reads the property list com.apple.nat.plist stored in the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. Details of the com.apple.nat.plist are subject to change and are not completely documented here. The plist is a contract between the Sharing preferences pane and InternetSharing. Any details provided here are for informational purposes only. The plist is a dictionary with a single sub-dictionary called NAT containing properties to control which interfaces to use and other set- tings. It may also have a sub-dictionary called AirPort that is used to configure the AirPort interface when it is put into access point mode. One property worth mentioning is SharingNetworkNumberStart. This property controls the behavior of InternetSharing when it configures IP addresses for the local interfaces. The property is encoded as a string containing the dotted decimal network IP address, assumed to be a class C network. For example: <key>SharingNetworkNumberStart</key> <string>192.168.100.0</string> If the SharingNetworkNumberStart appears directly in the NAT dictionary, it controls the starting IP address chosen for the non-AirPort interfaces. If the property appears within the AirPort sub-dictionary, it controls the IP address assigned to the AirPort interface. The purpose of the property is to allow the user to avoid address collisions with existing NAT'd networks. SEE ALSO
bootpd(8), launchd(8), natd(8), named(8) Mac OS X Feburary 26, 2007 Mac OS X