Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Chemist Needs Help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Chemist Needs Help Post 302250545 by gingburg on Thursday 23rd of October 2008 04:23:20 PM
Old 10-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
Are the values for the now-dummy 42 and 69.42 column also in the same file we are using to drive input?

Sorry I suck at explaining:

The second column I use the awk command to filter through a large file i have and pull out 101 numbers that are two delimitters after the word "Done" .

The third and fourth I use the same awk command but it does only pull out one value per file. That value I need to repeat 101 times. For column 3 and 4. Column three will get one value from "file2" and column 4 will get one value from "file3". Hope that helps. Lenny

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Chemist Needs Help part II

Hello friends, I was wondering if you can help me with probably a simple function to you all: the sample looks and has this format. I was wondering how I could extract the first and second column starting including the line 'E/N and Ko' and not stop until there are no more lines. Thank you for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gingburg
5 Replies
renpy(6)							       Games								  renpy(6)

NAME
renpy - engine for creating visual novels SYNOPSIS
renpy [path to the script directory] DESCRIPTION
Ren'Py is a programming language and runtime, intended to ease the creation of visual-novel type games. It contains features that make it easy to display thoughts, dialogue, and menus; to display images to the user; to write game logic; and to support the saving and loading of games. Ren'Py tries to be like an executable script, allowing you to get a working game without much more effort than is required to type the game script into the computer. Ren'Py is implemented on top of python, and that python heritage shows through in many places. Many Ren'Py statements allow python expres- sions to be used, and there are also Ren'Py statements that allow for the execution of arbitrary python code. Many of the less-used fea- tures of Ren'Py are exposed to the user by way of python. By only requiring use of the simplest features of python, it's hoped that Ren'Py will be usable by all game authors. USAGE
If you run the program without any arguments, zou will get an interactive launcher from where you can select, run and work different projects. For running a script, you need to give the full path to the directory that contains the game you want to play. For example: renpy /usr/share/games/renpy/demo/ To learn how to use the game interface, you should install and play renpy-demo. FILES
The game data for each user is stored at ~/.renpy/ directory. The scripts can be installed in the system bz placing them under /usr/share/games/renpy/ , but you can run any script in an arbitrarz directory just by telling the path as the parameter to the game. SEE ALSO
You can find more information at http://www.renpy.org/ May 2007 renpy(6)