Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find watermark in a pdf Post 302250443 by vimes on Thursday 23rd of October 2008 10:34:06 AM
Old 10-23-2008
Instead of -q on Solaris you can just do:
Code:
grep value file >/dev/null

Just use the exit status from grep in your if. (0 = match found, 1 = no match).

So in your code it'd be like:
Code:
   if [[ `grep '(X)Tj$' $file >/dev/null` ]] ; then

And so on...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unix command for Watermark printing

Hi, Can anybody help me out with the unix command for watermark. i am using solaris 9. I have installed CUPS software. Printer driver supports watermark. I would like to know the watermark option for text,font and fontsize. lpr -P printername -o ________________ filename. please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Convert html to pdf - PDF::FromHTML

Hi, I am trying to convert html to pdf using perl module PDF::FromHTML, am getting the error as given below. not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2, column 17, byte 56 at C:/Perl/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 187 at C:/Perl/site/lib/PDF/FromHTML.pm line 140 The perl code is as given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out if PDF file is corrupted

Hello , I have several hundered PDF Files in which 20% seemes to be corrupt. Is it possible to create a Perl Script which uses a PDF Perl Module which open and closes a PDF File and reports the status(Health) if the file is corrupted or not. best regards from sdohn (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdohn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PDF Script to extract PDF Links MOD in Need

In here we have a script to extract all pdf links from a single page.. any idea's in how make this read instead of a page a list of pages.. and extract all pdf links ? #!/bin/bash # NAME: pdflinkextractor # AUTHOR: Glutanimate (http://askubuntu.com/users/81372/), 2013 #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danielldf
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all pdf an get make a folder from filename substring

Hi , i need your advice. i will find all *.pdf files and make a folder for every different prefix of file names. for example: test_21424234.pdf new_242342.pdf at the and i will that i create ( if not exits ) a new folder "test" and "new" , afterwards i will move the file in this new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maxwill
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change size of watermark

I'm using this code to watermark images (add a logo). How do I change the size of the watermark to cover a certain percentage of the image ffmpeg -i folder/s886_01.jpg -i watermark.png -filter_complex overlay=15:15 output.png (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies