Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix File Validation! Help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix File Validation! Help Post 302250418 by joeyg on Thursday 23rd of October 2008 10:05:15 AM
Old 10-23-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver

Here is a process to think about

Code:
read thru file
  do
  read line
  tr "-" "\n" to change to rows
  then check row count
  if row count = 3
    write record to good_file
    else write record to bad file
done

See where you can go with that

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time Validation in UNIX?

I am very new to scripting in UNIX and in need of help. I am creating a program that will check a file that has a target time in the form of HH:MM:SS before another program can begin executing. The file with the target time will only have that target time in it and nothing else. Is there any way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mosammey
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Do Time Validation in UNIX

I am very new to scripting in UNIX and in need of help. I am creating a program that will check a file that has a target time in the form of HH:MM:SS before another program can begin executing. The file with the target time will only have that target time in it and nothing else. Is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosammey
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script Validation

Hi, I have a UNIX script which has two parts: 1. It connects to a database and refreshes a materialized view 2. It then connects to another database and inserts refresh statistics to a table The script works, but I'm not too good at UNIX validation. Currently, if the first part of the job... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matchey
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

validation required in unix

is there any way to check null data against some of the column in file My file have such structure 1,,4,SUMISHO ,SMG110880 ,1,12,SUMISHO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD ,ACCT01,20080531,2008,5,30,20080630,1,1,TXGRP ,CGST ,1,74,5.18,74,0,5.18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix File Validation! Help

Hi All, I got a file with 3 fields delimited by hyphen "-". I have to validate & cleanse the data before i begine the processing Requirements 1. No record should contain more than 2 delimiters 2. No record should even contain less than 2 delimiters 3. Any records that matches rule 1 &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minnuverma
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix File Validation! Help

Hi All, I got a file with 3 fields delimited by hyphen "-". I have to validate & cleanse the data before i begine the processing Requirements 1. No record should contain more than 2 delimiters 2. No record should even contain less than 2 delimiters 3. Any records that matches rule 1 &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: minnuverma
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Validation in unix

I have a script which is take date as parameter sh abc.sh <2010-02-01> #!/sh/bin my_date=$1 #Here i want to two diffrent dates ## 3 Days before ##date14query=$mydate - 4 (it will be 2010-01-28) ##date24query=$mydate +4 (it will be 2010-01-05) #Please Help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix date validation

Dears, I am working on a batch that processes file with name containing date prefix eg., 20101222_file.dat. The logic is to process files in order. Eg., 20101225 must be processed only after 20101222. Ok first glance it looked simple, it use a variable to check this date value as number and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naraink
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With UNIX Shell Scripting For Data Validation

Hi All, I am completely new to Unix Shell Scripting. I m validating(Basic File Validation) an .HHT file in TIBCO. After that i need to do Data Validation through UNIX Shell scripting. Rules in DataValidation: 1.) Need to Check Every field wheather it is a Char or Number?(Fields are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaitanya K
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PAN card validation using UNIX

Please help me to validate PAN card using unix ---------- Post updated at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:21 AM ---------- 1) The first three letters are sequence of alphabets from AAA to zzz 2) The fourth character informs about the type of holder of the Card. Each assesse... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies
XkbFreeGeomRows(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS						XkbFreeGeomRows(3)

NAME
XkbFreeGeomRows - Free rows in a section SYNOPSIS
void XkbFreeGeomRows (XkbSectionPtr section, int first, int count, Bool free_all); ARGUMENTS
- section section in which rows should be freed - first first row to be freed - count number of rows to be freed - free_all True => all rows are freed DESCRIPTION
Xkb provides a number of functions to allocate and free subcomponents of a keyboard geometry. Use these functions to create or modify key- board geometries. Note that these functions merely allocate space for the new element(s), and it is up to you to fill in the values explicitly in your code. These allocation functions increase sz_* but never touch num_* (unless there is an allocation failure, in which case they reset both sz_* and num_* to zero). These functions return Success if they succeed, BadAlloc if they are not able to allocate space, or BadValue if a parameter is not as expected. If free_all is True, all rows are freed regardless of the value of first and count. Otherwise, the number of rows specified by count are freed, beginning with the row specified by first in the specified section. RETURN VALUES
Success The XkbFreeGeomRows function returns Success when there are no allocation or argument errors. DIAGNOSTICS
BadAlloc Unable to allocate storage BadValue An argument is out of range X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XkbFreeGeomRows(3)