Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Esar - A better 'sar' for Solaris Post 302250410 by Linux Bot on Thursday 23rd of October 2008 10:00:03 AM
Old 10-23-2008
Esar - A better 'sar' for Solaris

Esar is an C program that in addition to all the standard reporting features of sar, can also report network usage, (udp, tcp, nfs and rpc traffic) as well as report the processor load average.

More...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

sar

We have a script that uses sar -u 1 10 | awk '/Average/ { print ( $2 + $3 ) }' to get the CPU usage of a mutli engine machine. We think we are getting wrong information from the above string. We think it is adding up the total of the 12 engines and reporting back the total not the overall... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinb
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to run sar on Sun Solaris?

I want to get some information about system activity report on UNIX server. I want to use 'sar'. But it seems that report is binary code and can not be read. Please advise how to do it. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Upgrade sar on Solaris 10

Hi, Do you know where I can find a newer version of SAR for Solaris 10? Currently, I have a version built in 2005. I'd like to collect all the system information available on the newer version of SAR. This is my current version: bash-3.00# pkginfo -x SUNWaccu SUNWaccu System Accounting,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ji3000
1 Replies

4. AIX

sar

I am trying to set up sar on my AIX server. We have been running sar and getting reports on out Linux boxes in the past but would like to try to do the same in AIX. On my Linux i have a sar.sh that looks like this: #!/bin/bash LC_ALL=C sar -A -f /var/log/sa/sa27 > /server023.txt LC_ALL=C sar -A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seacros
1 Replies

5. AIX

SAR

I am running below script to display last 48 hour data but the output is not displaying heading - AIX eqrdb26u1 1 6 00CFD5E34C00 01/21/10 System configuration: lcpu=8 ent=2.00 mode=Uncapped 22:31:40 %usr %sys %wio %idle physc %entc and footer - Average 25 9 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noorm
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Memory usage, free and used, using sar, top and vmstat in Solaris zone/container

Hi all, I have a server running an Oracle database that is part of a Solaris M5000 container. Presumably this is referred to as a zone within a cluster, not sure if I get the terminology right. Anyway, a third-party manages the zone and unfortunately is not "helpful/friendly" to assist me on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sar command for Solaris/AIX

Hello, Can you please explain me how to parameter and use "sar" command on Solaris (AIX) ? When I use it on Solaris I got the following error : bash-3.00# sar sar: data file not in sar format Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)