Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find watermark in a pdf Post 302250395 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 23rd of October 2008 09:43:23 AM
Old 10-23-2008
pdf files can be in compressed format, so this may not help at all, and depending on the pdf engine the X Y and Z can be separate:

Code:
for file in *.pdf
do
   grep -l '(XYZ)Tj$' $file
done

You could also try:
Code:
for file in *.pdf
do
   if [[ `grep -q '(X)Tj$' $file` ]] ; then
       if [ `grep -q '(Y)Tj$' $file` ]] ; then
          if [[ `grep -q '(Z)Tj$' $file` ]] ; then
               echo "$file"
          fi
       fi
   fi
done

This last one is an EXTREMELY inefficient method.... but is usually the way watermarks are generated. One char at a time.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unix command for Watermark printing

Hi, Can anybody help me out with the unix command for watermark. i am using solaris 9. I have installed CUPS software. Printer driver supports watermark. I would like to know the watermark option for text,font and fontsize. lpr -P printername -o ________________ filename. please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Convert html to pdf - PDF::FromHTML

Hi, I am trying to convert html to pdf using perl module PDF::FromHTML, am getting the error as given below. not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2, column 17, byte 56 at C:/Perl/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 187 at C:/Perl/site/lib/PDF/FromHTML.pm line 140 The perl code is as given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out if PDF file is corrupted

Hello , I have several hundered PDF Files in which 20% seemes to be corrupt. Is it possible to create a Perl Script which uses a PDF Perl Module which open and closes a PDF File and reports the status(Health) if the file is corrupted or not. best regards from sdohn (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdohn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PDF Script to extract PDF Links MOD in Need

In here we have a script to extract all pdf links from a single page.. any idea's in how make this read instead of a page a list of pages.. and extract all pdf links ? #!/bin/bash # NAME: pdflinkextractor # AUTHOR: Glutanimate (http://askubuntu.com/users/81372/), 2013 #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danielldf
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all pdf an get make a folder from filename substring

Hi , i need your advice. i will find all *.pdf files and make a folder for every different prefix of file names. for example: test_21424234.pdf new_242342.pdf at the and i will that i create ( if not exits ) a new folder "test" and "new" , afterwards i will move the file in this new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maxwill
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change size of watermark

I'm using this code to watermark images (add a logo). How do I change the size of the watermark to cover a certain percentage of the image ffmpeg -i folder/s886_01.jpg -i watermark.png -filter_complex overlay=15:15 output.png (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)