Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris format file using shell script Post 302250326 by vimes on Thursday 23rd of October 2008 06:56:12 AM
Old 10-23-2008
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but can someone explain what those exec statements do?

Code:
exec 3<&0

etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

format csv file using shell script

i have a report.csv file from oracle datavase In that file data is like this with report heading and date SALES DAILY REPORT DATE: 06-26-2007 REPORT NAME: SALES DATA AA.BB.CCCC.DDDD,BBBBB,06-26-2007,0,BEGIN,END ZZ.VV.DDDD.XXXXXXX,MMMMMM,06-25-2007,18,BEGIN,END... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosurya
3 Replies

2. Solaris

format file using shell script

Hi All, I am new to shell scripts. I have a requirement to change the format of a file. Here is the original file: #student layout student_name student_class student_subject david 5 chemistry paul 4 physics steve 6 mathematics This is the format i need: k1,david,5,chemistry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajim
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to format file based on specific patterns

Please help me out and drag me out the deadlock I am stuck into: I have a file. I want the statements under a if...then condition be listed in a separate file in the manner condition|statement.Following are the different input pattern and corresponding output parameters.any generic code to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write shell script for input file name format checking?

Hello, I had written a shell script that accepts input file as cmd line argument and process this file. if ; then if ; then . $1 LOGFILE="$LOG_FILE/MIG_BIOS.log"; get_input_file else ERROR_CODE=MSCRM0005_003 error "$ERROR_CODE : Input file $1 is not available"; exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check file name format using shell script?

Hi, I am writting a script, which accepts input file as parameter. Input file name is aa_bb_cc_dd_ee.<ext> I need to check that input file name should be of 5 fileds. Please help me out. :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of below Tabs Tex file into CSV format file : shell script needed

Request if some one could provide me shell script that converts the below "input file" to "CSV format file" given Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- ----- ---------------------------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format CSV file from a shell script

I have a shell script which creates a CSV files. there are 3 fields, field1, field2 and comp. I will generates the values for field1 and field2 and Want to compare both. If field1>filed2 then comp should be success written in green in CSV file, else it should fail in red color. How can I change the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script change new format on the file.

Hi---Is there's way can write small shell script or perl script open "abc.txt" file and create new "new_abc.txt" file with format output below? Thanks cat abc.txt ###########################Readme############################### Contained with this README.TXT file are all of the file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
7 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies