Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting crucial storage issue with ebcdic to ascii converter Post 302250322 by finder255 on Thursday 23rd of October 2008 06:48:45 AM
Old 10-23-2008
Actually I tried the code for smaller files, and I found its getting big.
I have not yet tried it on big one. I dont know how long its gonna take

Moreso, is it possible to overwrite the same file ,I am taking input from . in
dd command..

Last edited by finder255; 10-23-2008 at 07:55 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ascii to ebcdic conversion

Hello, I need a program for ascii to ebsdic conversion. If anybody can help, it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conversion from EBCDIC to ASCII

when i try to convert a mainframe EBCDIC file to ASCII ,i dont see correct file this is the source file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatvelpula
3 Replies

3. Solaris

EBCDIC to ASCII Binary conversion issue on Solaris i-series Unix

Hi All, I am facing EBCDIC to ASCII Binary conversion on Solaris i-series Unix system. However this is working fine on Solaris Sparc Unix system. Input file having EBCDIC format does not work on Solaris i-series Unix system. Could you please tell me, what will be the root cause for same? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: amodkavi
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! EBCDIC format to ASCII

Hi everyone, I have a 70MB EBCDIC file, with record length 102, block size 32742 and IBM standard label. I commanded dd if=input file of=outputfie ibs=32742 cbs=102 conv=ascii but I still don't get a viewable file under ASCII. Can anyone told me what's the problem? Do I need... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrchl86
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

EBCDIC Format to ASCII

Hi, we have source file with EBCDIC format(Main Frame files) where we receving from source system. I would like to convert the EBCDIC format file to unix systemformat(ex: .csv,txt ) I have wrote script like: dd if=<SRCPATH>yyy.xxx.RB065 of=<SRCPATH>/output.csv ibs=800 cbs=80... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion of data - ebcdic to ascii

Hi, I want to convert ebcdic values to ascii values. Are there anyany specific c++ libraries with g++ compiler, which can do it ? gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-54) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
0 Replies

7. Programming

Ebcdic to ascii

Hi, I want to convert ebcdic values to ascii values. Are there anyany specific c++ libraries with g++ compiler, which can do it ? gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-54) (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
19 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion from EBCDIC to Ascii OR unicode

I have a file in my Unix ( SOLARIS ) with EBCDIC format...I want this file to read in ASCII OR unicode...Is it possible with UNIX to convert this file on ASCII OR UNICODE format from EBCDIC format? I was searching through web and found only conversion table :( Request Rejected Below is... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

EBCDIC to ASCII conversion

Hi, I have a input file which is EBCIDIC and it has packed decimals. Can anyone help me to convert EBCIDIC file to ASCII(Need to convert even Packed decimal values also to normal format). Thanks swapna (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: swapna_1990
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

EBCDIC to ASCII conversion

Hi, We have a mainframe file which is in EBCDIC format.We dont have direct access to mainframe ,client has provided us the mainframe file.The mainframe file is containing pact data(COMP1 ,COMP2 etc) which are unreadble.Can anyone suggest me how to convert this kind of ebcdic file to ascii... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: swapna_1990
11 Replies
queue-repair(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   queue-repair(8)

NAME
queue-repair - deal with the qmail queue directory structure SYNOPSIS
queue-repair [ -htrcbn ] [ -n split ] [ conf-qmail ] DESCRIPTION
queue-repair deals with the qmail queue structure; it can create a new queue, move and properly rename a queue, dynamically change the conf-split value, convert big-todo queues to non-big-todo and vice versa, and repair a corrupted queue. conf-qmail defaults to /var/lib/qmail/ on Debian. OPTIONS
-h|--help Display usage information and built-in defaults, then exit. -t|--test Run in test-only mode. queue-repair will attempt to report all problems that it finds, without correcting them. This is the default. -r|--repair Run in repair mode. queue-repair will attempt to correct all problems that it finds, except if the basic queue directories (queue, queue/mess, queue/info, etc) are not found. -c|--create Run in create-and-repair mode. queue-repair will attempt to correct all problems that it finds, including creation of a new queue structure from scratch. -s|--split split Specify split as the value of conf-split. This is the number of split subdirectories for those queue directories which are hashed. The default for qmail is 23. Appropriate values depend on the volume of mail handled, OS filesystem efficiency, and other factors, but this should always be a prime number. If you do not specify conf-split, queue-repair will attempt to determine the current value from the existing queue. This option can be used, however, to change the conf-split value of an existing queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with the new value). When creating a new queue, this option must always be specified. -b|--bigtoto Use big-todo. queue-repair should be able to automatically determine if you're using qmail patched with the big-todo patch. This option can be used, however, to convert a non-big-todo queue to a big-todo queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with the big-todo patch). If neither this option nor --no-bigtodo is used, queue-repair will attempt to determine this automatically. When creating a new queue, either this option or --no-bigtodo must always be specified. -n|--no-bigtodo Do not use big-todo. queue-repair should be able to automatically determine if you're using qmail patched with the big-todo patch. This option can be used, however, to convert a big-todo queue to a non big-todo queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with- out the big-todo patch). If neither this option nor --bigtodo is used, queue-repair will attempt to determine this automatically. When creating a new queue, either this option or --bigtodo must always be specified. --i-want-a-broken-conf-split Force the use of a non-prime value for conf-split. SEE ALSO
qmail(7) queue-repair(8)