Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDAP search query help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers LDAP search query help Post 302250315 by dopple on Thursday 23rd of October 2008 06:28:09 AM
Old 10-23-2008
LDAP search query help

I would like to do an ldap search which looks for entries which do not actually have a certain attribute. Not that the attribute is Null, but where the attribute does not exist.
Is this possible using ldapsearch?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldap search filter

Hi, I am trying to do an ldapsearch with a filter that checks the uid and the userpassword: $filter= "(&(uid=$user) (userpassword=$password)"; $objs = $ldap->search( base => $basedn, filter => "($filter)"); i based it on this example i found on CPAN: $mesg = $ldap->search( ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
2 Replies

2. Programming

problem with ldap search using c

hi all i m writin a c program to search ldap db for values. i used the following code after search result return a value >0 if (result==1) { entry=ldap_first_entry(ld,msg); for(....;....;...) { // code to store the data values } } i m gettin an error at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mridula
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and Net::LDAP, objects and arrays query

Hi I'm not a programmer but am muddling through as best I can. I am trying to set up a PostSearchHook for Radiator (RADIUS server), that carries out an LDAP lookup, and, based on the string returned ("staff" or "student") in the "businessCategory" attribute, will set the $role to be either 40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikie
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldap search to find dn for user

How can I do a ldapsearch to find a DN for a user when I know the exact cn for that user out of active directory. I have tried several different commands (hundreds) but need the -b with the full dn to perform the search using ldapsearch from AIX. I am trying to find the OU for a user and the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cchart3
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldap search problem

I am posting in this section because in this regard I am a Dummy. I know very little about ldap. We have a couple of ldap registries running on an AIX box. I can connect into those registries using an openldap browser. But I am trying to run some queries against the registry on the server itself,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwellers
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldap , search groups that user belong

i want run query to identify witch groups that user A belong, CN=name,CN=Users,DC=mydomain ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ldap search query

Hi All, I have a existing Ldap query which take a HOME as variable and gives the result where i grep for a particular line. ldapsearch -h server_domain_name -p 389 -D "uid=user,ou=appadm,o=ent" -w PaB -b "ou=roles,o=ent" "cidx=$HOME" | grep -w "ent: xyz" Now i have 330K Homes in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: posner
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

LDAP and AD Authentication Query

Hi Friends, I have below scenarios . dom1.test.com - LDAP dom2.test.com - AD Requirement is establish a trust relation between LDAP and AD server in such a way that if any user login on LDAP managed authentication server with dom1\username -> get authenticated by LDAP host ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

LDAP Group query

I need to write LDAP group query where I need to find if a particular user is a member of a 2 specific Groups. This is LDAP Novell edirectory implementation. Below are the details - ================ LDIF entry for OndotAPI group dn: cn=OndotAPI,ou=Groups,o=CNS changetype: add ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LDAP Query - host allowed option

I have an in interesting dilemna that I am trying to address. I have some ldap queries that I use to retrieve user information to perform access validations on a quarterly/annual basis. I can successfully pull the local users, and I can use ldapsearch to pull back all the users from the DN as well.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
7 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::MatchedValues(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Net::LDAP::Control::MatchedValues(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::MatchedValues - LDAPv3 MatchedValues Control SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Control::MatchedValues; $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( "ldap.mydomain.eg" ); $mv = Net::LDAP::Control::MatchedValues->new( matchedValues => '((sn=Jensen)(sn=Miller))' ); # return the entries of all people with first name "Babs", # but only show the sn if it is "Jensen" or "Miller" my $mesg = $ldap->search( base => "o=University of Michigan, c=US", filter => "(givenName=Babs)", attrs => [ qw/sn/ ], control => $mv ); DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::MatchedValues" provides an interface for the creation and manipulation of objects that represent the "MatchedValues Control" as described by RFC 3876. The "MatchedValues Control", which only has a meaning with the "Search" operation, allows the client to specify criteria that restrict the values of attributes returned. It has no effect on the number of objects found, but only allows one to restrict the values of the attributes returned by the search to those matching the criteria. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
In addition to the constructor arguments described in Net::LDAP::Control the following are provided. matchedValues => VALUESRETURNFILTER A filter giving the criteria which attribute values shall be returned. VALUESRETURNFILTER is a sequence of simple filter items of the form "( <ATTRSPEC> <OP> <VALUE> )" surrounded by an additional set of parentheses; e.g. ((personsAge<=29)) Only return the age if is less than 30 ;-) ((cn=*Emergency*)(telephoneNumber=+1*)(telephoneNumber=911)) Only return those values of the cn that contain "Emergency", and phone numbers from North America including the one for emergency calls. METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3876.txt AUTHOR
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-21 Net::LDAP::Control::MatchedValues(3)