Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: delete record
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete record Post 302250218 by ust on Thursday 23rd of October 2008 12:10:00 AM
Old 10-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_cherry
hi,
below one can roughly meet your desire, but you need to modify it to be correct enough.

Code:
nawk -v d="10/08/08" 'BEGIN{
	split(d,brr,"/")
}
{
	split($1,arr,"/")
	days=(brr[1]-arr[1])*30+(brr[2]-arr[2])+(brr[3]-arr[3])*365
	if(days<60)
		print
}' filename

thx ,

As you told me , it needs to modify sth, i found two thing need to be modify ,
1. it only print the line meet the condition , how can I remove the line ?
2. the current idate s fixed , how to change it to today ?

thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete a record from a csv file

Hi Guys I have downloaded a table from oracle database in .csv format. it has many fields as Title, First Name, Last Name etc. I have to download distinct titles from database and now i have to check all those titles from data of First Name one by one. and then i have to delete matched record.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajeev Agrawal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a single record from a file

Hello all, Is there a function for deleting a single record from a file? Thanks in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klafte
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

prompt to delete each record when pattern is found

Hello!. I am working on a very simple program and I have been trying different things. This is so far what I have done and there is one small detail that still does not work. It finds all the records in a phonebook per say: ./rem Susan More than one match; Please select the one to remove: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartsimpsong
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete first record from all the file?

hi All, need help...!! I want to delete header record from all the files in current directory. using sed command i can delete first record from a file but i want to delete first record from all the files so can anybosy help me how can i do this? I will appreciate your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete 1 record in large file!

Hi All, I'm a newbie here, I'm just wondering on how to delete a single record in a large file in unix. ex. file1.txt is 1000 records nikki1 nikki2 nikki3 what i want to do is delete the nikki2 record in file1.txt. is it possible? Please advise, Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete text from each record in a file

Hi guys, I have been given a small task to do and I am stuck already. I have to format a file with people's emails address in it ready for pasting into the BCC section of an email. The file looks like this:- bob@ibm.com SMTP BOB SMITH text text text sue@icl.org SMTP Susy Smith text text... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe_evans
8 Replies

7. Linux

perl program to delete the complete record

Hi all, I want a perl program to delete the record and its contents from a file if there is no particular line in the record given that all records are separated by a blank line. For example: #100 abcd efgh hijk 123 klm #200 abcd efgh hijk klm So, the pattern here is 123. If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete record filter by column

Dear friend, I have a file 2 files with column wise FILE_A ------------------------------ x,1,@ y,3,$ x,5,% FILE_B -------------------- x,1,@ i like to delete the all lines in FILE_A ,if first column available in FILE_B. output (in FILE_A) y,3,$ x,5,% (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete last 2 fields from every record in a file

Sample file record : "20130617003","2013-06-18T07:00:03","OUTWARD","01001011","TEST PLC","","HFX834346364364","20130617","10","DUM87534758","","1.28","826","020201","65879278","","","","","","010101","56789","DUMMY... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbuk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete only if duplicates found in each record

Hi, i have another problem. I have been trying to solve it by myself but failed. inputfile ;; ID T08578 NAME T08578 SBASE 30696 EBASE 32083 TYPE P func just test func chronology func cholesterol func null INT 30765-37333 INT 37154-37318 Link 5546 Link 8142 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
4 Replies
audit(2)							   System Calls 							  audit(2)

NAME
audit - write a record to the audit log SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lbsm -lsocket -lnsl [ library... ] #include <sys/param.h> #include <bsm/libbsm.h> int audit(caddr_t record, int length); DESCRIPTION
The audit() function queues a record for writing to the system audit log. The data pointed to by record is queued for the log after a mini- mal consistency check, with the length parameter specifying the size of the record in bytes. The data should be a well-formed audit record as described by audit.log(4). The kernel validates the record header token type and length, and sets the time stamp value before writing the record to the audit log. The kernel does not do any preselection for user-level generated events. If the audit policy is set to include sequence or trailer tokens, the kernel will append them to the record. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The audit() function will fail if: E2BIG The record length is greater than the maximum allowed record length. EFAULT The record argument points outside the process's allocated address space. EINVAL The header token in the record is invalid. ENOTSUP Solaris Audit is not defined for this system. EPERM The {PRIV_PROC_AUDIT} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. USAGE
Only privileged processes can successfully execute this call. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bsmconv(1M), audit(1M), auditd(1M), svcadm(1M), auditon(2), getaudit(2), audit.log(4), attributes(5), privileges(5) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Solaris Auditing has been enabled and the audit daemon auditd(1M) has not been disabled by audit(1M) or svcadm(1M). See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.11 16 Apr 2008 audit(2)