Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep, remove and conconate -- xml files Post 302250185 by sethcoop on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 08:57:58 PM
Old 10-22-2008
If all of the xml is on one line then the grep -v will remove your whole line from the output... since it is all on one line I would use sed to remove the </sf> and <sf> from the files...

Code:
$ cat t2.txt
<sf>thi si sa test</sf>
$ cat t2.txt | sed 's/<\/sf>//g'
<sf>thi si sa test
$ cat t2.txt | sed 's/<sf>//g'
thi si sa test</sf>
$

see how that works...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted XML Tags

I have set of sources and the respective resolution. Please advice how to resolve the same using Unix shell scripting. Source 1: ======= <ext:ContactInfo xmlns:ext="urn:AOL.FLOWS.Extensions"> <ext:InternetEmailAddress>AOL@AOL.COM</ext:InternetEmailAddress> </ext:ContactInfo> Resoultion... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambals123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from XML based on condition

Hi, I need to remove some lines from an XML file is the value within a tag is empty. Imagine this scenario, <acd><acdID>2</acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove some XML tags

Hi all, I have a file which i have to remove some line from it, the lines that i have to remove from my file is as below: </new_name></w"s" langue="Fr-fr" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <New_name> and it is finding at the middle of my file, is there any command line in linux to do it or do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: id_2pc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files with ps -ef |grep

ps -ef |grep qdaemon |grep /usr/bin/ksh TOC # d_prod 487630 5034194 0 Oct 27 - 0:00 /usr/bin/ksh /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piojetd umhn-7w36-ps1 9100 -d s /var/spool/qdae mon/tCVAf7a d_prod 6709402 5034194 0 02:50:19 - 0:00 /usr/bin/ksh /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piojetd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent - XML Attribute Remove

Hi I have got a XML file which has got content as follows: <FUNCall81110000 Tag="81110000" CallDate="25/08/11" CallTime="00:03:22" TotalUsageValue="30" MeasurementUnit="1"/> I want to remove TotalUsageValue="30" only and TotalUsageValue="XXXXX" here XXX can be any value. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muchyog
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two xml files while ignoring some xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record id="38,557"><columns><column><name>orge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)