Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ptree for linux
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo ptree for linux Post 302250177 by vampirex on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 08:34:44 PM
Old 10-22-2008
try:

ps --forest -eaf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of ps -afe ,ps -fp and ptree

Hello, I was searching for the meaning of commands like ps -afe ,ps -fp and ptree but was not able to find there exact meaning .... Pls help me in getting these... Thanks in advance, Pradeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing PID's of ptree

gurus, normally to stop a process ,i need to kill all its child & then parent process. i do it manually as follows bash-2.03$ ps -ef | grep bpm|grep -v grep tibadmin 21882 21875 0 May 27 ? 0:00 /bin/sh ./bpmse_20.sh -Xms512m -Xmx512m /tibco/UpdateCustomer/dat/UpdateCustome ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

equivalent of ptree command in zsh

ptree command is not working in zsh. Could anyone let me know the equivalent of ptree command in zsh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhams
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

pfiles and pstack and ptree

Can someone tell me the Linux equivalent for pstack and pfiles and ptree which are Solaris commands. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdsffl
1 Replies

5. Solaris

kill the processes seen under ptree

Hi, How to kill the processes running under ptree ? I am noticing lot of processes running under ptree with ssh ? I tried to kill with -9 option which is not working ? Thanks, Radhika. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhirk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

prstat from ptree ...

Hi, I know how to figure out the list of PID from my application name : ptree `pgrep MyApp` | awk '{print $1}' But I dont know how to pipe it for prstat -p <pidlist> ptree `pgrep MyApp` | awk '{print $1}' | prstat -p ??? I would like to monitor every ptree PID from my application. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickTrader
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ptree equivalent for IBM machine

Hi does anyone know of the equivalent of "ptree <PID>" command which can be used on IBM (AIX) machine. I was trying to use "ptref" but it produces too many lines of "unrelated " to the PID output. May be someone has this issue before. Thanks a lot -A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

8. Solaris

rlogin under ptree (vsh is high)

Hi, Recently did a ptree on a vsh PID and found that the only child process underneath the vsh parent is rlogin (telnet session(s)). Is there any way to drill down further from here? What causes rlogin to make vsh go high or is it rlogin? The cpu utilization at times is at 48-49%. We want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: troystevens
0 Replies

9. Linux

similar command of ptree in linux

Hello guys, Is there any command to check the all child processes of a process like `ptree`? ptree is not working in Linux.. Regards, Raghu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Tip] ptree for Linux

Unix (and Linux) uses a process tree that gives a natural security, by simple inheritance of attributes. The following ptree script shows it. It runs on all Linux flavors. Mostly useful for debugging. #!/bin/sh # Solaris style ptree && exec /usr/bin/ptree "$@" ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
6 Replies
condor_gather_info(1)					      General Commands Manual					     condor_gather_info(1)

Name
       condor_gather_info Gather - information about a Condor installation and a queued job

Synopsis
       condor_gather_info[ -- jobid<ClusterId.ProcId>] [ -- scratch/path/to/directory]

Description
       NOTE:  The usage information that the Condor versions 7.7.3 and 7.7.4 condor_gather_infotool outputs is not quite correct. This manual page
       is more accurate for those releases.

condor_gather_infowill collect and output information about the machine it is run upon, about the Condor installation local to the machine,
       and optionally about a specified Condor job. The information gathered by this tool is most often used as a debugging aid for the developers
       of Condor.

Without the  -- jobidoption, information about the local machine and its Condor installation is gathered and placed into  the  file  called
       condor-profile.txt  ,  in  the  current working directory. Specification of the information gathered is given in the General Remarkssection
       below, under the category of Identity.

With the  -- jobidoption, additional information is gathered about the job identified by its  ClusterId	and   ProcId  ClassAd  attributes.
       This  information  includes  both categories as given in the General Remarkssection below: Identity and Job information. As the quantity of
       information can be extensive, this information is placed into a compressed tar file. The file is placed into the current working directory,
       and  it is named using the format  cgi-<username>-jid<ClusterId>.<ProcId>-<year>-<month>-<day>-<hour>_<minute>_<second>-<TZ>.tar.gz , where
       all values within  <> are substituted with current values. The building of this potentially large tar file can require  a  fair	amount	of
       temporary  space. If the  -- scratchoption is specified, it identifies a directory in which to build the tar file. If the  -- scratchoption
       is notspecified, then the directory will be  /tmp/cgi-<PID> , where the process ID is that of the condor_gather_infoexecutable.

Options
       --jobid <ClusterId.ProcId>

Data mine information about this Condor job from the local Condor installation and condor_schedd.

--scratch /path/to/directory

A path to temporary space needed when building the output tar file. Defaults to  /tmp/cgi-<PID>  ,  where   <PID>  is  replaced  by  the
	  process ID of condor_gather_info .

General Remarks
       The information gathered by this tool is:

1. Identity

* User name who generated the report

* Script location and machine name

* Date of report creation

*	uname -a

* Contents of  /etc/issue

* Contents of  /etc/redhat-release

* Contents of  /etc/debian_version

*	ps -auxww -forest

*	df -h

*	iptables -L

*	ls `condor_config_val LOG`

*	ldd `condor_config_val SBIN`/condor_schedd

* Contents of  /etc/hosts

* Contents of  /etc/nsswitch.conf

*	ulimit -a

* Network interface configuration ( ifconfig )

* Condor version

* Location of Condor configuration files

* Condor configuration variables

* All variables and values

* Definition locations for each configuration variable

2. Job Information

*	condor_q jobid

*	condor_q -l jobid

*	condor_q -better-analyze jobid

* Job user log, if it exists

* Only events pertaining to the job ID

Files
	  condor-profile.txt The Identity portion of the information gathered when condor_gather_info is run without arguments.

cgi-<username>-jid<cluster>.<proc>-<year>-<month>-<day>-<hour>_<minute>_<second>-<TZ>.tar.gz	The  output file which contains all of the
	  information produced by this tool.

Exit Status
       condor_gather_infowill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					     condor_gather_info(1)