Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show if I have new mail in .profile ? Post 302250062 by eulogy1337 on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 04:22:50 PM
Old 10-22-2008
Ok, what I came up with is

grep -c "Message-Id" /usr/mail/[myusername]

To get the count of message-id's, that doesn't mean 'new' but it will give me a 'list' of the e-mails in my inbox.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. SCO

Difference between .profile and .~/.profile

what is the difference between these two lines, if we use it in korn shell script: .profile .~/.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maneesh mehta
3 Replies

4. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between /etc/profile and .profile?

What is the difference between /etc/profile and .profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract out mail ID from from profile list

HI, i HAVE THE PROFILE LIST ldapsearch -D cn=root -w root -p 389 mail=dgmp_ndl@bsnl.in mail=dgmp_ndl@bsnl.in,o=Data Networks,o=Data Networks,o=Data Networks,o=Messagingdb,dc=bsnl,dc=in I NEED TO SEPERATE ONLY THE MAIL ID I m USING bash-2.05b$ ldapsearch -D cn=root -w root -p 389... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indoo.pathak
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
SUP-SYNC(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SUP-SYNC(1)

NAME
sup-sync - sychronize the Sup index with message sources SYNOPSIS
sup-sync [options] source ... DESCRIPTION
Synchronizes the Sup index with one or more message sources by adding messages, deleting messages, or changing message state in the index as appropriate. "Message state" means read/unread, archived/inbox, starred/unstarred, and all user-defined labels on each message. "Default source state" refers to any state that a source itself has keeps about a message. Sup-sync uses this information when adding a new message to the index. The source state is typically limited to read/unread, archived/inbox status and a single label based on the source name. Messages using the default source state are placed in the inbox (i.e. not archived) and unstarred. If no sources are given, sync from all usual sources. Supported source URI schemes can be seen by running "sup-add --help". MESSAGE STATE OPTIONS
--asis If the message is already in the index, preserve its state. Otherwise, use default source state (default) --restore dumpfile Restore message state from a dump file created with sup-dump. If a message is not in this dumpfile, act as --asis --discard Discard any message state in the index and use the default source state. Dangerous! --archive, -x When using the default source state, mark messages as archived. --read, -r When using the default source state, mark messages as read. --extra-labels labels When using the default source state, also apply these user-defined labels (a comma-separated list) (default) OTHER OPTIONS
--verbose, -v Print message ids as they're processed. --optimize, -o As the final operation, optimize the index. --all-sources Scan over all sources. --dry-run, -n Don't actually modify the index. Probably only useful with --verbose. --version Show version information --help, -h Show help message FILES
$HOME/.sup/sources.yaml Configuration file for Sup mail sources SEE ALSO
sup-mail(1), sup-add(1), sup-config(1), sup-dump(1), sup-tweak-labels(1) AUTHOR
Sup was written by William Morgan <wmorgan-sup@masanjin.net>. This manual page was written by Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 9, 2012 SUP-SYNC(1)