Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OS X Support RSS Mac OS X: Reinstalling Mac OS 9 or recovering from a software restore Post 302249990 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 01:10:04 PM
Old 10-22-2008
Mac OS X: Reinstalling Mac OS 9 or recovering from a software restore

Learn how to reinstall Mac OS 9, or how to recover after performing a Mac OS 9 Software Restore option on your Mac OS X disk. You might need to do this to install a System Folder for Classic.This does not affect your computer if the Mac OS 9 System Folder that you are restoring is located on a different hard disk or hard disk partition than Mac OS X.This document can help if: The computer will not start up from Mac OS X. When you try to do so, an icon of a belt around a folder appears on screen. Mac OS X files are not in their expected locations after using a Mac OS 9 Software Restore. Important: This refers to older, single-disc Software Restore CD-ROMs, not to newer multi-disc versions. You see an alert box with this message during installation: "Problems were encountered accessing the file 'icon' on the disk 'Macintosh HD.' Please move the file to another folder and try again."

More from Apple OS X Support ...

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. OS X (Apple)

Any mac software for recording keystrokes

I'm trying to find a good keylogger that doesn't come with any viruses. It happens to me several times that my browser crashes when I am in article writing or some other thing, very annoying. Thus, I need a keylogger to keep all my keystroke recorded. I 'v tried some, like the Aobo Mac Keylogger,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bluerosen
1 Replies
SW_VERS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						SW_VERS(1)

NAME
sw_vers -- print Mac OS X operating system version information SYNOPSIS
sw_vers sw_vers -productName sw_vers -productVersion sw_vers -buildVersion DESCRIPTION
sw_vers prints version information about the Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server operating system running on the local machine. When executed with no options sw_vers prints a short list of version properties: % sw_vers ProductName: Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.3 BuildVersion: 7A100 The ProductName property provides the name of the operating system release (typically either "Mac OS X" or "Mac OS X Server"). The ProductVersion property defines the version of the operating system release (for example, "10.2.4" or "10.3"). The BuildVersion property provides the specific revision of the operating system as generated by the Mac OS X build system. OPTIONS
The output of sw_vers can be refined by the following options. -productName Print just the value of the ProductName property. -productVersion Print just the value of the ProductVersion property. -buildVersion Print just the value of the BuildVersion property. EXAMPLES
% sw_vers -productName Mac OS X % sw_vers -productVersion 10.3 % sw_vers -buildVersion 7A100 FILES
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist /System/Library/CoreServices/ServerVersion.plist Mac OS X March 10, 2003 Mac OS X