Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up a Solaris training Post 302249941 by pupp on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 11:38:27 AM
Old 10-22-2008
hahah. i see your point. i guess i use the term to loosely.

so lets try it again... advanced troubleshooting Smilie

what about user environment?? do they know that? how to change it, set it up to whatever. just trying to think of something more meaningful to their everyday tasks (which i only have a brief idea as to what they actually do from what you said).

i do like your topics on SMF and predictive self healing.

how about setting up services to be managed by SMF? moving away from legacy rc.

i know they do installs and patching but do they know all the different ways of doing this??

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/solaris training

I am new to UNIX and somewhat familiar with Solaris. Can you suggest any good (simple English) books that can help me with understanding and learning UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris for a training: PC vs Sparc

I need a computer to try Solaris. I'm learning with UNIX Academy training DVDs and after spending much time with Linux I want to try and learn on Solaris. I'll have to buy a computer for my training anyway. I found on ebay plenty of inexpensive Sun boxes. Would it be beneficial for learning to have... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
26 Replies

3. Solaris

Setting IP on Solaris 10 help

Hi all, So, I need to change the IP/netmask on 2 sun v240's running solaris 10. I seem to have done it correctly on one, it's holding the ip after a init 6 reboot. The other does not want to keep ip using same commands. I'm guessing I have to change some files I haven't yet, but have no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuriosity_prime
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Any Solaris training?

Good Afternoon, Does anyone know of any free or cheap SkillSoft type Solaris training, with an exam? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
DRUMSTICK-BUILDSMF(1)						   User Commands					     DRUMSTICK-BUILDSMF(1)

NAME
drumstick-buildsmf - A Drumstick command line utility for building a simple SMF (Standard MIDI File). SYNOPSIS
drumstick-buildsmf [options] {FILE} DESCRIPTION
This program is a Drumstick example and utility program. You can use it to build a SMF containing a simple C Major scale, that could be used as input for other Drumstick utilities. ARGUMENTS
-h|--help Prints a summary of the command-line options and exit. -V|--version Prints the program version number and exit. The following argument is required: FILE The name of the output SMF file. LICENSE
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation, considering as source code any files used for the production of this manpage. SEE ALSO
drumstick-dumpsmf(1), drumstick-playsmf(1) AUTHOR
Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <plcl@users.sf.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas drumstick 0.5.0 May 13, 2010 DRUMSTICK-BUILDSMF(1)