Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting a file from REMOTE Unix Server Post 302249887 by zaxxon on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 09:25:15 AM
Old 10-22-2008
Using ssh, find and rm.
For the archiving, whatever you use for archiving too, tar, mv, cp, ... ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands to copy a tar.gz file from a Remote Unix Server to Local Desktop.

Hi, Just wanted to know, how can I ftp/transfer/copy a (design.tar.gz) archive from a Unix Server (sdmc222.sdmc.cp-srv.com) which is at a remote location, to my Windows Desktop. Obviously, it is not possible at cmd prompt on my Windows using the following commands :- ftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get the remote server file size in UNIX

Hi All, I am trying to sftp, get a file from remote server. Post this we need to check the remote server file size or checksum value of the remote server file and compare it with the file size in the current server. But I am facing issue to get the remote server file size. Could you please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies
GIT-TAR-TREE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-TAR-TREE(1)

NAME
git-tar-tree - Create a tar archive of the files in the named tree object SYNOPSIS
git tar-tree [--remote=<repo>] <tree-ish> [ <base> ] DESCRIPTION
THIS COMMAND IS DEPRECATED. Use git archive with --format=tar option instead (and move the <base> argument to --prefix=base/). Creates a tar archive containing the tree structure for the named tree. When <base> is specified it is added as a leading path to the files in the generated tar archive. git tar-tree behaves differently when given a tree ID versus when given a commit ID or tag ID. In the first case the current time is used as modification time of each file in the archive. In the latter case the commit time as recorded in the referenced commit object is used instead. Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended pax header. It can be extracted using git get-tar-commit-id. OPTIONS
<tree-ish> The tree or commit to produce tar archive for. If it is the object name of a commit object. <base> Leading path to the files in the resulting tar archive. --remote=<repo> Instead of making a tar archive from local repository, retrieve a tar archive from a remote repository. CONFIGURATION
tar.umask This variable can be used to restrict the permission bits of tar archive entries. The default is 0002, which turns off the world write bit. The special value "user" indicates that the archiving user's umask will be used instead. See umask(2) for details. EXAMPLES
git tar-tree HEAD junk | (cd /var/tmp/ && tar xf -) Create a tar archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch, and extracts it in /var/tmp/junk directory. git tar-tree v1.4.0 git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release. git tar-tree v1.4.0^{tree} git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release, but without a global extended pax header. git tar-tree --remote=example.com:git.git v1.4.0 >git-1.4.0.tar Get a tarball v1.4.0 from example.com. git tar-tree HEAD:Documentation/ git-docs > git-1.4.0-docs.tar Put everything in the current head's Documentation/ directory into git-1.4.0-docs.tar, with the prefix git-docs/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-TAR-TREE(1)