Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting a file from REMOTE Unix Server Post 302249861 by Raamc on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 08:44:33 AM
Old 10-22-2008
Deleting a file from REMOTE Unix Server

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to remove a file from Remote system. Can any one suggest me how to do this?

My requirement is, i need to archive the file in a separate system. If the remore system is having files older than 7 years, then i need to delete that files from the remote system. Files naming conventions having DATE in that so we can easily identify the files but can we delete a file on remote system through scripting?

Raamc.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands to copy a tar.gz file from a Remote Unix Server to Local Desktop.

Hi, Just wanted to know, how can I ftp/transfer/copy a (design.tar.gz) archive from a Unix Server (sdmc222.sdmc.cp-srv.com) which is at a remote location, to my Windows Desktop. Obviously, it is not possible at cmd prompt on my Windows using the following commands :- ftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get the remote server file size in UNIX

Hi All, I am trying to sftp, get a file from remote server. Post this we need to check the remote server file size or checksum value of the remote server file and compare it with the file size in the current server. But I am facing issue to get the remote server file size. Could you please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies
default_fs(4)							   File Formats 						     default_fs(4)

NAME
default_fs, fs - specify the default file system type for local or remote file systems DESCRIPTION
When file system administration commands have both specific and generic components (for example, fsck(1M)), the file system type must be specified. If it is not explicitly specified using the -F FSType command line option, the generic command looks in /etc/vfstab in order to determine the file system type, using the supplied raw or block device or mount point. If the file system type can not be determined by searching /etc/vfstab, the command will use the default file system type specified in either /etc/default/fs or /etc/dfs/dfstypes, depend- ing on whether the file system is local or remote. The default local file system type is specified in /etc/default/fs by a line of the form LOCAL=fstype (for example, LOCAL=ufs). The default remote file system type is determined by the first entry in the /etc/dfs/fstypes file. File system administration commands will determine whether the file system is local or remote by examining the specified device name. If the device name starts with ``/'' (slash), it is considered to be local; otherwise it is remote. The default file system types can be changed by editing the default files with a text editor. FILES
/etc/vfstab list of default parameters for each file system /etc/default/fs the default local file system type /etc/dfs/fstypes the default remote file system type SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), fstypes(4), vfstab(4) SunOS 5.10 20 Mar 1992 default_fs(4)