Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To get value from oracle & assign it in UNIX variable Post 302249757 by Amit.Sagpariya on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 04:22:18 AM
Old 10-22-2008
Hi All,

v_test1=`sqlplus -s CASHDT_STG_OWNER/cashdt_stg_phoenix1@iws <<END
set feedback off;
set heading off;
select fed_dt from tab_nam_owner where source_desc = 'NAM';
EXIT;
END`

Following is working fine now.

Thank you all for your help...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass unix variable to oracle

hi , how to pass unix variable to oracle code is ............. #! /bin/ksh echo enter date vale read date1 sqlplus x/y@oracle select * from emp where statrt_date= $date1 is this is correct way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read contents of a file with serveral lines & assign it to a variable

Hi All I have a file for ex .log file which contain several lines within it. I have to read that file contents & assing that to a variable. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyam.sumit
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing unix variable to oracle parameters

Please help me how to pass some unix vairable to oracle. I have used below , but not displaying passed (inval) value. calling() { sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 <<EOF begin exec call_sql($4); end; exit EOF } calling user pwd inst value1... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign value from isql to UNIX variable

I want output to be assigned to UNIX variables echo "Enter RRS ID: " read rrs isql -SPROD_DDS -USYBUSER -PSYBPASS -b -osfg.out << EOF use sip go set nocount on select issuerId, legalStructTxt, productName, issuerName from sf_product where rrsId = $rrs go EOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Oracle variable in UNIX?

Hello All, I need to export various variables in UNIX. But the values of those variables will come from Oracle. Say i have Oracle query: Select file_id, file_desc, file_freq_cd, load_table_nm, load_stored_procd_nm, load_proc_typ_nm, err_rec_cnt_thrsld_nbr, file_expc_rec_cnt From Table1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim sed output & assign to variable

Hi, I have the following command that parses an xml file to read a node <port>'s value. Hoever the output comes with spaces. My requirement is to trim the spaces around the value and assign to a variable. sed -n 's|<port>\(.*\)</port>|\1|p' ../cfg.xml How do I go about it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2013
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a numeric value from Oracle to UNIX variable without spaces?

Hi, I am using the below code to get a numeric value from oracle to unix variable: BD_RC_CNT=`sqlplus -s ${WMD_DM_CONNECT} <<EOF set heading off set pagesize 0 Select count(*) from wmd_bad_data where proc_id = ${PROC_ID} and file_id = ${FILE_ID} and file_dt =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a two files, line by line in UNIX script and how to assign shell variable to awk ..?

Input are file and file1 file contains store.bal product.bal category.bal admin.bal file1 contains flip.store.bal ::FFFF:BADC:CD28,::FFFF:558E:11C5,6,8,2,1,::FFFF:81C8:CA8B,::FFFF:BADC:CD28,1,0,0,0,::FFFF:81C8:11C5,2,1,0,0,::FFFF:81DC:3111,1,0,1,0 store.bal.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign the return value of the SQL to a variable in UNIX

Hi I am new to UNIX. I am trying the below and getting the error. I am trying to assign the variable with the value of the query result. I want this value to use in the next steps. Created UNIX file (Batch.sh) as below #!/bin/ksh sqlplus callidus/callidus4u@attstcal @Batch.sql ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishBalu
2 Replies
RADSQLRELAY(8)						     FreeRADIUS helper program						    RADSQLRELAY(8)

NAME
radsqlrelay - relay SQL queries to a central database server SYNOPSIS
radsqlrelay [-?] [-d sql_driver] [-b database] [-f file] [-h host] [-u user] [-P port] [-p password] [-1] [-x] file_path DESCRIPTION
radsqlrelay tails a SQL logfile and forwards the queries to a database server. Used to replicate accounting records to one (central) data- base, even if the database has extended downtime. The SQL logfile is created by the rlm_sql_log module. The module must be configured in the radiusd server before you can use radsqlrelay. OPTIONS
-? Print usage help information. -d sql_driver Driver to use: mysql, pg, oracle. -b database Name of the database to use. -f file Read password from file, instead of command line. -h host Connect to host. -u user User for login. -P port Port number to use for connection. -p password Password to use when connecting to server. -1 One-shot mode: push the file to database and exit. -x Turn on debugging. file_path The pathname of the SQL logfile to use. NOTES
Oracle driver The command "radsqlrelay -d oracle -b db.domain.tld sql-relay" reads the database description stored in $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora: db.domain.tld = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = db.domain.tld)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = <DB SID>) ) ) SEE ALSO
rlm_sql_log(5) AUTHOR
Nicolas Baradakis <nicolas.baradakis@cegetel.net> 19 June 2005 RADSQLRELAY(8)