Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: control click variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting control click variables Post 302249717 by mainegate on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 01:07:19 AM
Old 10-22-2008
control click variables

I want to be able to control click (Mac) and be able to select from a context menu...run file....and have it dynamically run based on the control click.

How do I get the control click absolute path of the filename? Are there different variables like directory, fullpath, extention?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Click here to search

This is a niCe idea. BUT it is makeing my eyes cross due to the color contrast of the letters. can you do it in a matching yellow/white/black anything other then the red would be great. it makes it annoying to look at that portion of the screen. But it is a great idea. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Left click select,right click copy

Hi all, when i ssh into my linux machine, i can do a double left click and then right click to paste it anywhere i need. However, on the actual machine, in the terminal, i cannot do a double left click and right click to paste it. i need to right click and select Copy followed by click click... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Variables for Bandwidth control

Hi, I am very new to scripting and have a question regarding variables and their use in a bandwidth monitoring script. I have identified a few primary variables being; Bandwidth CIR Download=32kbits <- these match as per the script below Bandwidth PIR Download=96kbits Bandwidth CIR... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinnir
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop control with two variables in csh shell

Hi All How can i control for loop with two different variables in csh shell Regards Nikhil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhilindurkar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

control variables...

Hi. I´ve a question to a running script: i=0 #fill an Array with all files in a folder ending with .sys for Par in *.sys ; do Par2="$Par" ; i=$((i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lock3
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to Right Click On Laptop

I have had an apple mac book for several months. I have been learning about it, I even got the snow leopard manual. It says nothing about right clicking on the apple mouse interface(trackpad?). How do I do this? Thank You.:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading control characters into variables

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script to help with some digital signature work currently being undertaken where we have a file that contains a number of rows ending with ^M. What I need to do is concatenate this using shell scripting and retain the control character. E.G. abc^M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
5 Replies
DIRDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							DIRDIFF(1)

NAME
dirdiff - display differences and merge changes between directory trees SYNOPSIS
dirdiff [-a|--all] [-o|--only pattern] [-I|--ignore pattern] [-r|--rcs] [-t|--bktag] [-c|--context num] [-b] [-w] [-B] [-i] [-d] [-S] [-k] dir1 dir2 ... OPTIONS
-a,--all Don't exclude any files. -o,--only pattern Only process files matching pattern. -I,--ignore pattern Don't process files matching pattern. -r,--rcs Ignore differences in RCS strings. -t,--bktag Ignore differences in Bitkeeper strings. -c,--context num Set number of lines of context to show. -b,-w,-B,-i,-d Pass these on to diff. -S Show files that are the same in the file list. -K Enable bitkeeper support. DESCRIPTION
Dirdiff is a graphical tool for displaying the differences between directory trees (up to 5) and for merging changes from one tree into another. At startup, dirdiff displays a main window with a list of the files that are different between the trees. Colored squares are used to indicate the relative ages of the versions. Files are like leaves on a deciduous tree: the newest ones are green, and then they turn yel- low, orange, and red as they get older. Missing files are black, and directories are white. To see the differences between two versions of a file, double-click on the file name. By default, the first and last versions are com- pared, but this can be changed using the Diff menu in the main window. In the differences window, there are checkboxes to the left of all the sections which are different. You can use button 1 to select an individual checkbox, or shift-button 1 or button 3 to select a whole group. Selecting a line means that you are asking for that change to be made when you update either of the files using the Merge menu. The line will be removed if it is already present or added if it is not present. To copy from one tree to another, click on the file name and select the appropriate copy operation from the Copy menu of the main window. Selecting Make patch from the File menu of the main window produces a file describing the changes between the files that can be applied by the patch tool. You can edit the patch before saving, and may wish to add explanatory text, instructions, or patch Prereq lines at the beginning. To save the patch, enter a filename in the patch window relative to the current directory, and choose Save. This will also close the window. If you are sending out patches, then the from directory should be the original version of the source. Try to make sure that the two files have the same number of leading directories. See the patch(1) man page for more information. NOTES
Dirdiff needs to be able to load the libfilecmp.so.0.0 shared library for the -r or -t flags to work. SEE ALSO
diff(1) patch(1) AUTHOR
Paul Mackerras May 2002 DIRDIFF(1)