Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up a Solaris training Post 302249659 by pupp on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 07:13:03 PM
Old 10-21-2008
i think dtrace is going beyond what they may need to know. advanced debugging should not be a field engineer's task.

dtrace alone could be a week long class.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/solaris training

I am new to UNIX and somewhat familiar with Solaris. Can you suggest any good (simple English) books that can help me with understanding and learning UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris for a training: PC vs Sparc

I need a computer to try Solaris. I'm learning with UNIX Academy training DVDs and after spending much time with Linux I want to try and learn on Solaris. I'll have to buy a computer for my training anyway. I found on ebay plenty of inexpensive Sun boxes. Would it be beneficial for learning to have... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
26 Replies

3. Solaris

Setting IP on Solaris 10 help

Hi all, So, I need to change the IP/netmask on 2 sun v240's running solaris 10. I seem to have done it correctly on one, it's holding the ip after a init 6 reboot. The other does not want to keep ip using same commands. I'm guessing I have to change some files I haven't yet, but have no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuriosity_prime
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Any Solaris training?

Good Afternoon, Does anyone know of any free or cheap SkillSoft type Solaris training, with an exam? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
priclass.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						    priclass.d(1m)

NAME
priclass.d - priority distribution by scheduling class. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
priclass.d DESCRIPTION
This is a simple DTrace script that samples at 1000 Hz the current thread's scheduling class and priority. A distribution plot is printed. With priorities, the higher the priority the better chance the thread has of being scheduled. This idea came from the script /usr/demo/dtrace/pri.d, which produces similar output for priority changes, not samples. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # priclass.d FIELDS
value process priority count number of samples of at least this priority SCHEDULING CLASSES
TS time sharing IA interactive RT real time SYS system FSS fair share scheduler BASED ON
/usr/demo/dtrace/pri.d DOCUMENTATION
DTrace Guide "profile Provider" chapter (docs.sun.com) See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
priclass.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. SEE ALSO
pridist.d(1M), dispadmin(1M), dtrace(1M) version 1.00 Apr 22, 2006 priclass.d(1m)