Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scoble Whine Index
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cartoons for Geeks Scoble Whine Index Post 302249601 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 05:00:01 PM
Old 10-21-2008
Scoble Whine Index

2008-10-21T22:52:14+02:00

Does Scoble whine too much?

Download scoblewhineindex.comicdoc

Image Image Image Image

Source...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Index Command

Hi, can anyone explain me how this works (how the flow goes)? Example: CLIENT="UNIXHELP" The second argument passed $2="UNIX" RESULT=`awk -F"=" '/CLIENTS=/ {len = index($2,"'${CLIENT}'");print len }' $2` Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abrd600
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is index?

hi, :) In a shell script i came accross the following lines 1.for i in ` find /home/oracle -name ch' 2.do 3.echo $i 4.idx=`expr index $i .` 5.done Here iam not able to understand the porpose of the word "index" in line 4. any help ? cheers RRK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

why the inode index of file system starts from 1 unlike array index(0)

why do inode indices starts from 1 unlike array indexes which starts from 0 its a question from "the design of unix operating system" of maurice j bach id be glad if i get to know the answer quickly :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wh inode index starts from 1 unlike array index (0)

brothers why inode index starts from 1 unlike array inex which starts from 0 its a question from the design of unix operating system of maurice j.bach i need to know the answer urgently...someone help please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort from start index and end index in line

Hi All, I have a file (FileNames.txt) which contains the following data in it. $ cat FileNames.txt MYFILE17XXX208Sep191307.csv MYFILE19XXX208Sep192124.csv MYFILE20XXX208Sep192418.csv MYFILE22XXX208Sep193234.csv MYFILE21XXX208Sep193018.csv MYFILE24XXX208Sep194053.csv... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish_indus
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Index server

Hi guys, I have postgresql server with huge amount of data, nearly 2 billion records. each record is at most 50 bytes(4 integer fields). I need to build index on all column to do fast reporting. but indexes becomes bloat after some time. almost 80% of database size is because of its huge... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate value with different index

Hello Gents, Please give a help with this case Input 10001010G1 10001010G1 10001010G1 10001010G2 10001010G3 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001014G1 10001014G1 10001014G2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in Index

I am having data in XML format and trying to extract codes form two fields called <String>, below is the data. <Node>tollfree<Condition>BooleanOperator<Operation>AND</Operation><Condition>BooleanOperator<Operation>NOT</Operation><Condition>FieldSelection<Field Context="ALL fields"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
7 Replies
R2E(1)							      General Commands Manual							    R2E(1)

NAME
r2e - receive RSS feeds by email SYNOPSIS
r2e [-d dir] action [options] DESCRIPTION
r2e is a simple program which you can run in your crontab. It watches RSS feeds and sends you nicely formatted email message for each new item. The program is configured by ~/.rss2email/config.py by default. To use a different config file in a different directory, you can specify the -d option before any actions. For a quick start with r2e, try these steps: r2e new your@address r2e add http://feed.url/somewhere.rss r2e run The last command should eventually be put into your crontab, if you want things be sent you automatically. It is possible to use authenticated feeds using the following syntax: r2e add http://user:password@example.com/feed ACTIONS
new [youremail] Create a new feedfile. If the second option is specified, it sets the default email address that mails are sent to. add url [youremail] Subscribe to a feed. The first option is the URL of the feed. The optional second option is the email address to send new items to. Repeat for each feed you want to subscribe to. run [--no-send] [num] Scan the feeds and send emails for new items. This can be run in a cron job. The --no-send option stops r2e from sending any email. This can be useful the first time you run it, as otherwise it would send every available story. If a number is specified, r2e will only download that feed. The list command lists the feed numbers. email yournewemail Change the default email address. list List all your currently subscribed feeds. delete n Delete a feed, using its number from the list command. pause n Temporarily ignore a feed. A paused feed won't be updated at all. unpause n Re-enable updates from a feed. opmlimport url Import feeds from an OPML file. opmlexport Export feeds to standard output, as an OPML file. CONFIGURATION
The program's behavior can be controlled via the ~/.rss2email/config.py config file. The file is a python file, so variables are set using a syntax like this: VARIABLE = "value" If the value is a number, the quotes may be omitted. Most configuration variables in the file are boolean values, where a 1 indicates the option is set, and a 0 disables it. See the example config.py file for a full list of available configuration variables. FILES
~/.rss2email/feeds.dat The database of feeds. Use r2e to add, remove, or modify feeds, do not edit it directly. ~/.rss2email/config.py If this file exists, it it read to configure the program. AUTHOR
Aaron Swartz <rss2email@aaronsw.com> R2E(1)