Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scoble Whine Index
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cartoons for Geeks Scoble Whine Index Post 302249601 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 05:00:01 PM
Old 10-21-2008
Scoble Whine Index

2008-10-21T22:52:14+02:00

Does Scoble whine too much?

Download scoblewhineindex.comicdoc

Image Image Image Image

Source...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Index Command

Hi, can anyone explain me how this works (how the flow goes)? Example: CLIENT="UNIXHELP" The second argument passed $2="UNIX" RESULT=`awk -F"=" '/CLIENTS=/ {len = index($2,"'${CLIENT}'");print len }' $2` Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abrd600
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is index?

hi, :) In a shell script i came accross the following lines 1.for i in ` find /home/oracle -name ch' 2.do 3.echo $i 4.idx=`expr index $i .` 5.done Here iam not able to understand the porpose of the word "index" in line 4. any help ? cheers RRK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

why the inode index of file system starts from 1 unlike array index(0)

why do inode indices starts from 1 unlike array indexes which starts from 0 its a question from "the design of unix operating system" of maurice j bach id be glad if i get to know the answer quickly :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wh inode index starts from 1 unlike array index (0)

brothers why inode index starts from 1 unlike array inex which starts from 0 its a question from the design of unix operating system of maurice j.bach i need to know the answer urgently...someone help please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort from start index and end index in line

Hi All, I have a file (FileNames.txt) which contains the following data in it. $ cat FileNames.txt MYFILE17XXX208Sep191307.csv MYFILE19XXX208Sep192124.csv MYFILE20XXX208Sep192418.csv MYFILE22XXX208Sep193234.csv MYFILE21XXX208Sep193018.csv MYFILE24XXX208Sep194053.csv... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish_indus
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Index server

Hi guys, I have postgresql server with huge amount of data, nearly 2 billion records. each record is at most 50 bytes(4 integer fields). I need to build index on all column to do fast reporting. but indexes becomes bloat after some time. almost 80% of database size is because of its huge... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate value with different index

Hello Gents, Please give a help with this case Input 10001010G1 10001010G1 10001010G1 10001010G2 10001010G3 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001014G1 10001014G1 10001014G2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in Index

I am having data in XML format and trying to extract codes form two fields called <String>, below is the data. <Node>tollfree<Condition>BooleanOperator<Operation>AND</Operation><Condition>BooleanOperator<Operation>NOT</Operation><Condition>FieldSelection<Field Context="ALL fields"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
7 Replies
pubsub(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 pubsub(1)

NAME
pubsub -- Utility for managing RSS/Atom subscriptions via the PubSub framework SYNOPSIS
pubsub [--client bundleID] subcommand [parameters] OPTIONS
The available options are as follows: --client Force tool to act as one specific client ENVIRONMENT
The pubsub tool is a command-line utility for interacting with the PubSub framework. It is intended for troubleshooting, as a simple way to see at a glance all the feed subscriptions that the agent will be periodically fetching, and to delete any left-over subscriptions (for exam- ple, of an application that's been deleted.) If the --client flag is given, the tool will act only on the PubSub client with the given bundle ID. For example, pubsub list will list only the feeds that client is subscribed to. Some subcommands, such as subscribe, require a client to be specified. The following subcommands are supported. Note that some have multi-word names. If no subcommand is given, a short listing of their names will be output. list Lists all feeds (of all clients, or of the specific client if the -client flag is given.) The title, URL and refresh interval of each feed are shown. Note that a feed subscribed by multiple clients will be listed once per client, and that each client may specify a different refresh interval. However, the PubSub agent will only fetch one copy of the feed, at the minimum interval. The interval is listed in parentheses if it is inherited from the client's default refresh interval. The interval is followed by a " * " if the feed will be refreshed even when the client application is not currently running. The interval is followed by a " * " if file enclosures will automatically be downloaded. list clients Lists all registered clients by bundle ID, along with their number of subscriptions. list client bundleID Lists only the feeds subscribed to by the given client. unsubscribe URL Unsubscribes from the feed with the given URL. subscribe URL Subscribes the client (which must be specified using --client ) to the given feed. list URL Lists all entries currently stored for the given feed. dump URL Prints the raw XML of the feed, as it was last fetched from the network. list entry identifier Lists the attributes of an individual entry, given its identifier (a 40-char hex string). dump entry identifier Prints the XML of an entry, given its identifier (a 40-char hex string). refresh URL Fetches the feed from the network immediately, and updates the database if it has changed. listen [timestamp] Installs a PSClient delegate and listens for changes to subscribed feeds and entries, printing messages when they occur. If a time- stamp is given, all changes that have occurred since that time will first be printed. The timestamp is given as a number of seconds since the system "reference date", i.e. the same as the result of -[NSDate timeIntervalSinceReferenceDate]. list downloads Lists all enclosures currently being downloaded. list enclosures Lists all enclosures, and their current download status. FILES
~/Library/PubSub/ Per-user PubSub configuration/data directory EXAMPLES
pubsub list pubsub --client com.example.SurfNews subscribe http://example.com/UninterestingFeed.xml pubsub unsubscribe http://example.com/UninterestingFeed.xml Mac OS X 10.5 February 1, 2007 Mac OS X 10.5