Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up a Solaris training Post 302249590 by bryanNJ on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 04:38:32 PM
Old 10-21-2008
Definitely go over the new commands introduced in S10.

Other great talking points:

- Leadville HBA drivers , which is why they may see long target names...

4. c6t5006016141E00C85d0 <DGC-RAID5-0326 cyl 40958 alt 2 hd 128 sec 10>
/pci@7,700000/emlx@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w5006016141e00c85,0

- LDOMs/sun4v - LDOMs can only be leveraged on servers using sun4v architectures (Sun T1000/T2000/T5220, etc). I state this to avoid confusion.

- DTrace should only be introduced to advanced users, but sample scripts can be found in /usr/demo/dtrace

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/solaris training

I am new to UNIX and somewhat familiar with Solaris. Can you suggest any good (simple English) books that can help me with understanding and learning UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris for a training: PC vs Sparc

I need a computer to try Solaris. I'm learning with UNIX Academy training DVDs and after spending much time with Linux I want to try and learn on Solaris. I'll have to buy a computer for my training anyway. I found on ebay plenty of inexpensive Sun boxes. Would it be beneficial for learning to have... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
26 Replies

3. Solaris

Setting IP on Solaris 10 help

Hi all, So, I need to change the IP/netmask on 2 sun v240's running solaris 10. I seem to have done it correctly on one, it's holding the ip after a init 6 reboot. The other does not want to keep ip using same commands. I'm guessing I have to change some files I haven't yet, but have no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuriosity_prime
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Any Solaris training?

Good Afternoon, Does anyone know of any free or cheap SkillSoft type Solaris training, with an exam? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
pridist.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     pridist.d(1m)

NAME
pridist.d - process priority distribution. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
pridist.d DESCRIPTION
This is a simple DTrace script that samples at 1000 Hz which process is on the CPUs, and what the priority is. A distribution plot is printed. With priorities, the higher the priority the better chance the process (actually, thread) has of being scheduled. This idea came from the script /usr/demo/dtrace/profpri.d, which produces similar output for one particular PID. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # pridist.d FIELDS
CMD process name PID process ID value process priority count number of samples of at least this priority BASED ON
/usr/demo/dtrace/profpri.d DOCUMENTATION
DTrace Guide "profile Provider" chapter (docs.sun.com) See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
pridist.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. SEE ALSO
dispadmin(1M), dtrace(1M) version 0.90 Jun 13, 2005 pridist.d(1m)