Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OS X Support RSS "Well Known" TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products Post 302249510 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 01:30:04 PM
Old 10-21-2008
"Well Known" TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products

This article lists TCP and UDP ports used by Apple products, such as Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, AppleShare IP, Network Assistant, Apple Remote Desktop, Macintosh Manager, and MobileMe. Many of these are referred to as "well known," industry standard ports.

More from Apple OS X Support ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP/UDP Ports

Just starting to work with unix, wondering if there is any good on-line documentation explaining TCP/UDP ports, how to use them, etc... Thanks.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugene_mayo
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

TCP/UDP Ports

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good on-line documentation on TCP/UDP Ports. Basically i want to know how to check if they are in use, learn how to close them, etc... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugene_mayo
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Configure a range of ports to "socket" system call

Hello ; This what i want to do : I know that in the system call #include <sys/socket.h> int bind(int socket, const struct sockaddr *address, socklen_t address_len); you can specify the local port for your socket, but im using a private library , and im sure that in that library... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

/var/log/messages error "kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen"

Hi, I am seeing the following errors in my environment, not sure why is it happening, any ideas? Thanks. kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x73746174 (non-terminal ) Dec 17 02:14:48 kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x63480000 (large) Dec 17 02:14:48 kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x633f0000 (large) Dec... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarlinux
5 Replies

7. AIX

How to enable "TCP MD5 Signatures" and "https" on AIX?

I have searched many times but nothing found. Somebody help please :(:(:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
natutil(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						natutil(8)

NAME
natutil -- Query and configure supported Network Address Translation (NAT) devices SYNOPSIS
natutil [-vx] [-a auth] [-n name] {-1 | -d | -m | -s | -i | -L} natutil [-vx] [-a auth] [-n name] {-t | -u} {-T | -U} -p ports DESCRIPTION
natutil uses the ACP protocol to detect, configure, and extract status information from Internet gateway devices (IGDs) (such as AirPort Base Stations) on the local network. Since most IGDs provide Network Address Translation (NAT) service, they are often interchangably referred to as "NAT devices" or simply "NATs". The first synopsis line (with the exception of -L) returns various information from NAT devices. The second invocation modifies settings on the device. After modifying settings, AirPort Base Stations must be rebooted for the changes to take effect. ( servermgrd(8) also reboots the AirPort Base Station when it modifies port mappings.) OPTIONS
The following options / commands are available: -1 Only return data if the IGD found is also our current gateway. [AirPort only] Will only return if this base station can be autocon- figured -a auth [AirPort only] The authentication string to use when communicating with a device protected with a password other than the default "public". Used mostly for scripted operation. Use -i to get the authentication string interactively. -i Get the authentication string interactively. This preferred over -a for security reasons. -d Reports the IGDs (Internet Gateway Devices) that were found during the discovery. -m Retrieves the port mapping table from the NAT. -n name The prefix of the targeted NAT device's name (useful in a LAN with multiple NAT devices). -p ports A comma-separated list of the ports to tap or untap. Must be used with -t or -u. -s Retrieves the WAN & LAN status and configuration from the IGD. -t Configures the NAT to forward the given ports to this machine. Requires -p and either -T or -U. -u Removes the given ports from the NAT's port forwarding rules. Requires -p and either -T or -U. -v Verbose output. Provides progress and status information on standard output. -x XML output. This option provides the most information. -L [AirPort only] Convert existing DHCP lease into a static reservation so the host will receive the same IP address after each reboot. -T Ports will be tapped / untapped for the TCP protocol. Must be used with -t or -u. -U Ports will be tapped / untapped for the UDP protocol. Must be used with -t or -u. SEE ALSO
ifconfig(8), ipconfig(8) Mac OS X Server 10.5 July 23, 2007 Mac OS X Server 10.5