Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 8 and sshfs
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 and sshfs Post 302249354 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 07:14:16 AM
Old 10-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vimes
Hello. It's not supported as far as I know, not even in Solaris 10. But it might be in OpenSolaris, or at least in development, so a future version of Solaris might have it.

Maybe you should look into other possibilities (NFS, rsync, SAN?) depending on your needs.
you are right. FUSE is (afaik) only in opensolaris...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sshfs twice on the same dir

Hi everyone. I have 3 machines, let's call them store, node1 and node2. I have to mount on node1 and node2 the same directory of store. So, I launch the sshfs command on node1 and everything works fine. But when I try to do that on node2, it hangs for a while and then I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: canduc17
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount twice sshfs dir

Hi everyone. I have 3 machines, let's call them store, node1 and node2. I have to mount on node1 and node2 the same directory of store. So, I launch the sshfs command on node1 and everything works fine. But when I try to do that on node2, it hangs for a while and then I obtain:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: canduc17
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Alternative to sshfs?

I have an automated testing script that relies on the dev box being able to see production's (NFS) share. It uses rsync and ssh to handle transfers and command execution; however, it also needs the production share mounted in order to run Perl code against it when Unix commands via ssh will not do.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: effigy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh, truecrypt, sshfs in a script

Hello all, First time posting, although the site has helped solve many problems in the past! I would like to create a script to simplify a series of commands that I run: Log into the ssh-server (RSA key) ssh username@hostname -p 6110 Once there, I mount a truecrypt volume: truecrypt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshtoast
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sshfs script

Hi, I am new to this forum. I want to setup my personal Dropbox between my home server and the work station in the office. I followed this tutorial danbishop.org/2011/09/10/...-in-os-x-lion/and it works great. :) The trouble now is I am not sure how I can make it to start on boot. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: macpc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH tunnel working for ssh but not for sshfs

I'm trying to setup a link between my home pc (work-machine) and a server at work (tar-machine) that is behind a gateway (hop-machine) and not directly accessible. my actions: work-machine$ ssh -L 1234:tar-machine:22 hop-machine work-machine$ ssh -p 1234 user@127.0.0.1 - shh access on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vathau
1 Replies
FUSERMOUNT(1)						  Filesystem in Userspace (FUSE)					     FUSERMOUNT(1)

NAME
fusermount - mount and unmount FUSE filesystems SYNOPSIS
fusermount [OPTIONS] MOUNTPOINT DESCRIPTION
Filesystem in Userspace (FUSE) is a simple interface for userspace programs to export a virtual filesystem to the Linux kernel. It also aims to provide a secure method for non privileged users to create and mount their own filesystem implementations. fusermount is a program to mount and unmount FUSE filesystems. OPTIONS
-h print help. -V print version. -o OPTION[,OPTION...] mount options. -u unmount. -q quiet. -z lazy unmount. SEE ALSO
mount(8), mount.fuse(8), ulockmgr_server(1). HOMEPAGE
More information about fusermount and the FUSE project can be found at <http://fuse.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
FUSE was written by Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>. This manual page was written by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>. 2.8.6 2011-10-23 FUSERMOUNT(1)