Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX hangs through the boot process Post 302249320 by ltemti on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 06:26:20 AM
Old 10-21-2008
CF8CADB6 sysplanar0 SYSTEM FAILURE WITH SCAN DATA

We are having the same problem-we have replaced the sysplaner board(s) and the issue is still happening..
os level is 4.3
are you using SAN attached storage?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nohup process hangs

Hi All, I tried searching for this, but I have yet to find anything useful. So here goes, if a script executed from another script with nohup & hangs, does it affect the parent script? Reason I ask, we have a windows box with NFS, and we use it to store some of our files. Currently, I mount the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sully
2 Replies

2. AIX

RS6K B50 Hangs at E140 on Boot

I've got an RS6K B50, and i've installed AIX 5.3, TL5. It installs fine, the only customisations i make to the BOS are to change the locale / keyboard layout to UK, and to choose not to install graphical software. I have no video card in this box, and i connect via a serial console (null modem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigp84
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Boot hangs up on solaris

Hi all, I have a SUN server Sun-Fire-V890 running solaris 9, with a remote system console . Both the IP adresses of the server and the console are in a private network (address 10.67.xxx). For some reasons I need to give the access to the server from outside address 194.xxx, but I prefer that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX hangs on boot

Hi guys, Got a tiny bit of a problem on one of our servers here at work. I installed AIX 5.3 on the server and that went fine. Then I upgraded to ML 5300-05-01, but now the system just hangs on boot. The system starts up and the monitor comes on in few minutes, but a few seconds later when... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drchris
6 Replies

5. AIX

boot process stuck on "Welcome to AIX" banner

Good afternoon, I'm currently working on an IBM 9110-510, with an AIX 6.1 on it. Currently, I've put an HyperTerminal on the machine vty0. Folowing the procedure given by a support guy(§details), I'm able to get to the AIX banner ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilleb
6 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Boot hangs while adding swap

Boot process hangs after reaching the following line: Adding 5853176k swap on /dev/mapper/mch-swap_1. Priority:-1 extents:1 across:5853176kUsing knoppix 6.2 as LiveCD, and mounting the partitions, I got the following: # /etc/fstab: static file system information. # # Use 'blkid -o value -s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzaker
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 6.1 rogue process starts at boot up

We are having a bit of trouble finding where the following process is being started from at bootup. /opt/IBM/tdsV6.2db2/itma/aix526/ud/bin/kuddb2 db2tdsWe have looked in the typical areas /etc/inittab & /etc/rc.d but have had no luck finding it, any ideas? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
10 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 5.3 Boot Hangs On Power4 Hardware

Hi all, We have a old Power4 server with AIX version 5.3 installed. Upon boot up, it hangs right after the AIX welcome screen. On the diagnostic load progress LED indicator, I saw that it stopped at '0c32' then after awhile the LED would be blank. The screen on the monitor will hang at the black... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
15 Replies

9. Solaris

Server Hangs at boot

Hi Guys, I have a SunBlade 1500 which I use to practice at home. Suddenly when I power on the server it just displays the solaris banner and Boot device: disk File and args: Then it stops and says " rebooting with command: boot" It doesn't boot to the kernel. Is there anyway I can possibly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 - hangs during boot

Power server up runs through diagnostics. Goes to the boot section and then the bit where the cursor is spinning and thats it. Hangs completely. Any ideas? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
10 Replies
gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3) 			      gnutls				   gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3)

NAME
gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/x509.h> int gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(gnutls_x509_crt_t cert, unsigned int seq, void * san, size_t * san_size, unsigned int * critical); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_x509_crt_t cert should contain a gnutls_x509_crt_t structure unsigned int seq specifies the sequence number of the alt name (0 for the first one, 1 for the second etc.) void * san is the place where the alternative name will be copied to size_t * san_size holds the size of san. unsigned int * critical will be non-zero if the extension is marked as critical (may be null) DESCRIPTION
This function retrieves the Alternative Name (2.5.29.17), contained in the given certificate in the X509v3 Certificate Extensions. When the SAN type is otherName, it will extract the data in the otherName's value field, and GNUTLS_SAN_OTHERNAME is returned. You may use gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_othername_oid() to get the corresponding OID and the "virtual" SAN types (e.g., GNUTLS_SAN_OTHERNAME_XMPP). If an otherName OID is known, the data will be decoded. Otherwise the returned data will be DER encoded, and you will have to decode it yourself. Currently, only the RFC 3920 id-on-xmppAddr SAN is recognized. RETURNS
the alternative subject name type on success, one of the enumerated gnutls_x509_subject_alt_name_t. It will return GNUTLS_E_SHORT_MEM- ORY_BUFFER if san_size is not large enough to hold the value. In that case san_size will be updated with the required size. If the cer- tificate does not have an Alternative name with the specified sequence number then GNUTLS_E_REQUESTED_DATA_NOT_AVAILABLE is returned. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3)