Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Trubble in executing the cpp program... Post 302249314 by calv on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 06:02:51 AM
Old 10-21-2008
Either the constructor of Connection, or the Query() method throws an exception of type const char *. You can catch it, by enclosing the calls with try, and adding a catch block, like:

Code:
try {
    Connection DbConnection(Host, Database, UserId, Password);
    query="select * from the test"; // test is my database
    result = DbConnection.Query(query); // perform the required database operation..
}
catch (const char *errmsg)
{
    std::cerr << "error message from connection: " << errmsg << "\n";
    return 1;
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

executing a program within a program

Read the title: how do i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gekko
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing the su command from a java program.

Say in unix (AIX) m/c, I am logged in with s1 user and want to start process p1 with user credentials of s2. I can do manually in this way: #su - s2 #enter password for s2> somePassword $ p1 But all this I have to do through a java program. How to pass the password through program. One... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shailendrat
1 Replies

3. Programming

Executing an .ec program in different informix versions

Hi all, I tried writing an .ec program connecting to informix database from solaris platform Sun 5.7 informix version that i had to used when i compiled the program was 9.21.UC3 the binary when i ported solaris box with informix version 9.40.UC5 i am unable to run that i am encountering... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert cpp program to c shell script ?

Hi guys I tried to convert this c++ code to c shell script but there are some bugs and I don't know how to solve it. This code prints the three variables in decreasing order: int main() { int x,y,z; cin >> x >> y >>z; if ( x < y ) if ( x < z ) if ( y < z ) cout << x <<" " <<... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: domain
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to know the size of the program currently executing in memory

hey everybody, i am currently working on solaris 10 os on a m5000 server. my problem is when i want the exact size of a program in execution, i am unable to do it. earlier i thought the RSS field of prstat but because of its large size it cant be the size. pmap -x shows some output but it includes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryansheikh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Java Program

I am entirely new to shell scripting and would like to create a script to execute a java program called Main. I've already compiled it and placed the .java and .class files at /root/javaTest. Next I made a shell script that simply contained: java /root/javaTest/Main . I made the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypnotic_meat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing WIN32OLE program

Hello, Please help me out to execute this perl program: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Win32::OLE qw(in with); use Win32::OLE::Const 'Microsoft Excel'; $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3; # die on errors... # get already active Excel application or open new my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing a different program

What system calls or commands do I need to use in order to execute a different program from an already running process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justOne21
1 Replies

9. Programming

Error with shared lIBMpi.so.1 when compiling CPP program

Hello, Met a problem when compiling a C++ program from source code without error, but when ran it there was always an error message: ./Ray: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi_cxx.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryAs the error points to openmpi which was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
0 Replies

10. Programming

Error in executing the C program

Hello Friends, I have written a code for the unisex bathroom which makes a policy that when a woman is in the bathroom only other women may enter, but not men, and vice versa. This program consists of four functions which a user defines but these functions are not properly working while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Tej
4 Replies
FC(1)							      General Commands Manual							     FC(1)

NAME
fc - frontend script to the f2c fortran compiler SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/fc [-o objfile] [-c] [-S] [-C] [-u] [-w] [-w66] [-D switch] [-I includepath] [-Ntnnn] [-P] files [-l library] DESCRIPTION
fc is a script intended to be used as a front end to the f2c FORTRAN-to-C translator. It is supposed to make the whole f2c and C compiler setup look like a real Fortran compiler. File arguments with a .f suffix are compiled as Fortran source. Files with a .F suffix are passed through the C preprocessor cpp(1) first. Files with .c (C source) or .s (assembly source) suffixes are passed to the C compiler directly. Files with a .e suffix are treated as efl source files, and files with a .r suffix are treated as RATFOR source files. OPTIONS
-o objfile Produce an output executable named objfile rather than using the default name a.out. -c Do not call the linker; instead, leave relocatable object files as *.o. -S Produce assembly output as file.s -C Compile in extra code to check that array subscripts are in bounds. -l library Libraries specified with this option are passed to the linker. -U def Definitions specified with this option are passed to C compiler (for .c files) or to cpp (for .F files) to remove definition. -u Complain about undeclared variables. -v, --version Print version of f2c in use -w Omit all warning messages. -w66 Omit Fortran 66 (Fortran IV) compatibility warning messages. -D switch The given switch is passed to the C compiler (for .c files), to cpp (for .F files) and to f2c. -I includepath Passed to the C compiler (for .c files), to cpp (for .F files) and to f2c. -Ntnnn Allow nnn entries in table t. -P Emit .P files. BUGS
fc isn't really very good -- try fort77 (1), which does a better job. This manual page isn't really very good either... AUTHOR
S. Feldman, D. Gay, M. Maimone, N, Schryer are all mentioned in the paper on the conversion of Fortran to C. Peter Maydell (pmaydell@chiark.greenend.org.uk) wrote this manual page, and Alan Bain (alanb@chiark.greenend.org.uk) made some minor modi- fications. SEE ALSO
f2c(1), fort77(1), cc(1), cpp(1), ratfor(1) May 1999 FC(1)