Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file reading through shell script Post 302249295 by Dip on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 05:16:15 AM
Old 10-21-2008
Thanks a lot palsevlohit....its working fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a file through shell script

There is one Text file data.txt. Data within this file looks like: a.sql b.sql c.sql d.sql ..... ..... want to write a shell script which will access these values within a loop, access one value at a time and store into a variable. can anyone plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File reading problem via shell script

Hi, Data file named parameter contains : DB=y Alter_def.sql Create_abc.sql SQL=y database.sql my_data.sql To read this file I use var_sql=$(awk -F= '$1 == "SQL" { print $2 }' parameter.txt) if then sql_f_name=`grep "\.sql" parameter.txt` echo $sql_f_name fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the Properties File From Shell script

Hi, I am new to the shell script please I need help for following question. I have properties file name called "com.test.properties" I have No of key values in this properties. com.person.name = xyz com.person.age = 55 com.person.address = hello I want read this properties but i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venukjs
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a property file through shell script???

Hi! i need a script that can read a property file. i.e., A script to read a "property" from property file. Read the property value and based on value of property, decide whether to start the some dataload activity or not. Its urngent. Can anyone help me out???:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while reading from a file in shell script

Hi All, I'm writing a script to read a file line by line and then perform awk function on it. I am getting an error . My file has one name in it "James". I'm expecting my o/p to be youareJamesbond James ./users.sh: line 7: =: command not found #script to read file line by line #adding... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading arguments for a shell script from file

I have a shell script that takes 2 arguments. I will have to execute this script multiple times with different values for the arguments. for example, ./shscript env1 value1 ./shscript env1 value2 ./shscript env2 value3 ./shscript env3 value4 ./shscript env1 value5 ./shscript env3... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a csv file using shell script

Hello All, I have a csv file that looks like below ProdId_A,3.3.3,some text,some/text,sometext_1.2.3 ProdId_B,3.3.3,some text,some/text,sometext_1.2.3 ProdId_C,3.3.3,some text,some/text,sometext_1.2.3 ProdId_A,6.6.6,some text,some/text,sometext_9.9.9 I will get ProdId from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-Shell script help reading from txt file

I need to write a C-Shell script with these properties: It should accept two arguments on the command line. The first argument is the name of a file which contains a list of names, and the second argument is the name of a directory. For each file in the directory, the script should print the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cerce
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script reading file slow

I have shell program as below #!/bin/sh echo ======= LogManageri start ========== #This directory is getting the raw data from remote server Raw_data=/opt/ftplogs # This directory is ready for process the data Processing_dir=/opt/processing_dir # This directory is prcoessed files and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
4 Replies
FS_CLEANACL(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_CLEANACL(1)

NAME
fs_cleanacl - Remove obsolete entries from an ACL SYNOPSIS
fs cleanacl [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs cl [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs cleanacl command removes from the access control list (ACL) of each specified directory or file any entry that refers to a user or group that no longer has a Protection Database entry. Such an entry appears on the ACL as an AFS user ID number (UID) rather than a name, because without a Protection Database entry, the File Server cannot translate the UID into a name. Cleaning access control lists in this way not only keeps them from becoming crowded with irrelevant information, but also prevents the new possessor of a recycled AFS UID from obtaining access intended for the former possessor of the AFS UID. (Note that recycling UIDs is not recommended in any case.) OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each directory for which to clean the ACL (specifying a filename cleans its directory's ACL). If this argument is omitted, the current working directory's ACL is cleaned. Specify the read/write path to each directory, to avoid the failure that results from attempting to change a read-only volume. By convention, the read/write path is indicated by placing a period before the cell name at the pathname's second level (for example, /afs/.abc.com). For further discussion of the concept of read/write and read-only paths through the filespace, see the fs mkmount reference page. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If there are no obsolete entries on the ACL, the following message appears: Access list for <path> is fine. Otherwise, the output reports the resulting state of the ACL, following the header Access list for <path> is now At the same time, the following error message appears for each file in the cleaned directories: fs: '<filename>': Not a directory EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates the cleaning of the ACLs on the current working directory and two of its subdirectories. Only the second subdirectory had obsolete entries on it. % fs cleanacl -path . ./reports ./sources Access list for . is fine. Access list for ./reports is fine. Access list for ./sources is now Normal rights: system:authuser rl pat rlidwka PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "a" (administer) permission on each directory's ACL (or the ACL of each file's parent directory); the directory's owner and the members of the system:administrators group have the right implicitly, even if it does not appear on the ACL. SEE ALSO
fs_listacl(1), fs_mkmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_CLEANACL(1)