Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can I create a file from the command line Post 302249190 by DeCoTwc on Monday 20th of October 2008 07:37:35 PM
Old 10-20-2008
man touch

hehehe, how often does a unix command open itself up to a perfect "that's what she said"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

create email w/ ASCII attachment via command-line

All, I need to email an ASCII data file to a business partner, and intended on creating a Korn Shell script to create an email message (minimal text), and attach the ASCII data file to the email. It seems this is not as easy as I had thought it might be. sendmail does not support... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwperry
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read line by line and create new file

I would like to read line by line out of a file (one word per line) and create with each line a file. The read line should be also pasted into the file with some other text. Something like this: cat readfile.txt | mkfile readline << "bla bli $readline blu" (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I create an array from a file using every 3rd line

A file contains the following information shown below. Every ceName has 2 consecutive lines that have to be evaluated, using awk, sed, cut (any common unix tools). Input file: ceName: Node-1 processName: tzMgmt Status: PROCESS_NOT_RUNNING ceName: Node-2 processName: tzMgmt Status:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: BRH
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete one Line from Main File and Create another

Hi I need to write a script which will search for some text in some CSV files and will delete the record/line with the matching text and will insert that record/line into some other file. Can you please help? Here is what I want: - Contents of MainFile.csv: - 1,2,3,Loan,4,5,6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create list in command line

How do you create lists or arrays in the command line? And how do you access specific cells of the list? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create txt file form data file and add some line on it

Hi Guys, I have file A.txt File A Data AK1521 AK2536 AK3164 I want create text file of all data above and write some data on each file. want Output on below folder /home/kka/out AK1521.txt Hi Welocme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Create/remove desktop short cuts via command line RHEL 6.3....

I would like to write a script that would remove and/or create shortcuts in Gnome desktop in RHEL 6.3... I googled all over the place could never find what I needed... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruberked
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one line command to create and set password for new user...

Using useradd abc --password password (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagruti Rml
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file contains millions of lines and each line has different datas?

I want to create a file contains millions of lines. The line format like this: acnum$$123456$$+$$Tom$$111$$ fields separated by $$, field 1 and field 3 have only two options:acnum or crenum; + or -. field 4 can be any name or any letters. Other fields can be any fixed length digits. So, I want to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhdzhu
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create new folder and text file the same time in one line

Is it possible to create new folder and write a new text file in the folder while the current position is outside the new folder? in one line mkdir folder | echo "hello test"> folder/test.txt not work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmdcmd
1 Replies
BTMAGIC(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						BTMAGIC(4)

NAME
btmagic -- Apple Magic Mouse SYNOPSIS
btmagic* at bthub? wsmouse* at btmagic? DESCRIPTION
The btmagic driver provides support for the Bluetooth ``Magic Mouse'' from Apple, Inc. As remote devices cannot be discovered by autoconfig, configuring a mouse is normally carried out with the btdevctl(8) program. The Magic Mouse uses the standard USB Human Interface Device protocol to communicate, but does not provide a proper HID Descriptor, and requires specific initializations to enable the proprietary touch reports. The Magic Mouse provides basic mouse functionality with two buttons, and the btmagic driver additionally interprets the touch reports to emu- late a middle mouse button when more than one firm touch is detected during a click event, plus horizontal and vertical scrolling for touch movements greater than a certain distance. The mouse has a base resolution of 1300dpi, which the driver scales by default to a less sensi- tive 650dpi, but this is adjustable with sysctl(8) along with the pressure needed to discern a firm touch, the minimum distance necessary to trigger scrolling and the additional downscale factor applied to scroll movements. btmagic interfaces to the system as usual through the wsmouse(4) driver, and the following properties are used during autoconfiguration: vendor-id Must be 0x05ac. product-id Must be 0x030d. local-bdaddr Local device address. remote-bdaddr Remote device address. link-mode This optional string represents the link mode of the baseband link, and may be one of 'auth', 'encrypt', or 'secure'. When the btmagic driver has configured, it will attempt to open a connection to the mouse and, if this fails or the connection is lost, will wait for the mouse to initiate connections. The Magic Mouse requires connections to be authenticated, and should accept a PIN of '0000' dur- ing the pairing process. SEE ALSO
bluetooth(4), bthub(4), wsmouse(4), btdevctl(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The btmagic driver was written by Iain Hibbert with reference to the Linux driver written by Michael Poole. BSD
October 11, 2010 BSD