Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell/perl script to connect to different servers in single login in teradata Post 302249133 by Smiling Dragon on Monday 20th of October 2008 05:26:16 PM
Old 10-20-2008
I'm not familiar with 'teradata' but it sort of sounds like a GIS database? If so, the actual process of extracting and comparing the data will be something you'll have to derive but I can help with the method of obtaining this data from two different servers.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
"get data from server" > /tmp/localfile
ssh "username"@"remoteserver" "get data from server" | diff - /tmp/localfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to connect sftp servers

Dear friends, i need to connect sftp server from my home directory using script . Please can anyone help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect two servers in shell script

Hello all, I know that is a question which has made too many times, and I have been looking into the threads but all posted was not sucessfully for me so... I need a shell script which connect two unix servers, but NOT using ssh... Is there another way to do it? I've tried ssh but it didn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Geller
1 Replies

3. Programming

Connect To Teradata

How do i connect from C program to teradata Database? The C program is being executed from a Unix script, AIX. I am calling a C program from a Unix shell script and the C Program executes some SQLs on Teradata Database. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yschd
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a shell script from a perl module which uses Filehandle to login

Hi Guru's, Pardon me for the breach of rules..... I have very little knowledge about Shell Programming and Scripting hope you guys help me out of this troble I have very little time hence could not find the right way to direct my queries. coming to the problem I need to call a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikrishna_tung
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

login in wincvs thorugh shell or perl script

Hi , I am trying to write a script which does the wincvs login and does some checkout operations. When i do it from command prompt with command wincvs -d :pserver:username@server:/cvs/repository it pops up a cvs window and i can do some operations there. I wanted to automate this through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect to multiple ssh servers

Hello, I have access to several linux servers (mostly centos based) located in a DC in another country. from day to day I need to login to each of them to do some work (they dont have gui/window manager installed, I work only from console), or even to just do a check like df -h for disc usage.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaRiOsGR
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l"

I need a shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l -u <username>" & "cat /etc/rc.local" & "df -h" and able to create output into a file saved locally with hostname.crontab & hostname.rc.local & disk.status. I can supply a file as list of hostname or IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection with Teradata through shell Script

Hi All, As we are using SQLPLUS command to connect Oracle Database in unix: Like below syntax: sqlplus username/password@dbname << EOI SET HEADING OFF SPOOL MAX_DATE_VAL.txt select max(LAST_UPDT_DATE) from source_defect; SPOOL OFF here the result is stored in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi Gupta
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Connect to Teradata and Run in Shell Script?

Hi Master, I need to create dan run script in linux to get data from teradata I did this ---------- Post updated at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:25 AM ---------- LOG_DIR="/home/"; OUTDIR="/home/"; SCRIPT_NAME=“test"; DUMPFILE="${OUTDIR}${SCRIPT_NAME}"_"$(date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbed multiple csv files into one single excel file with using shell script not perl

Hi Experts, I am querying backup status results for multiple databases and getting each and every database result in one csv file. so i need to combine all csv files in one excel file with separate tabs. I am not familiar with perl script so i am using shell script. Could anyone please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrk2
4 Replies
ADSL-CONNECT(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   ADSL-CONNECT(8)

NAME
adsl-connect - Shell script to manage a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
adsl-connect [config_file] adsl-connect interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
adsl-connect is a shell script which manages an ADSL connection using the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit con- fig_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user-name settings in the configuration file. Note that normally, you should not invoke adsl-connect directly. Instead, use adsl-start to bring up the ADSL connection. adsl-connect first reads a configuration file. It then brings up a PPPoE connection. If the connection ever drops, a message is logged to syslog, and adsl-connect re-establishes the connection. In addition, each time the connection is dropped or cannot be established, adsl- connect executes the script /etc/ppp/adsl-lost if it exists and is executable. The shell script adsl-stop causes adsl-connect to break out of its loop, bring the connection down, and exit. TECHNICAL DETAILS
adsl-connect uses the following shell variables from the configuration file: ETH The Ethernet interface connected to the ADSL modem (for example, eth0). USER The ADSL user-id (for example, b1xxnxnx@sympatico.ca). PIDFILE A file in which to write the process-ID of the adsl-connect process (for example, /var/run/pppoe.pid). Two additional files ($PID- FILE.pppd and $PIDFILE.pppoe) hold the process-ID's of the pppd and pppoe processes, respectively. By using different configuration files with different PIDFILE settings, you can manage multiple PPPoE connections. Just specify the con- figuration file as an argument to adsl-start and adsl-stop. AUTHOR
adsl-connect was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), adsl-start(8), adsl-stop(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), adsl-setup(8), adsl-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-server(8), pppoe- relay(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 ADSL-CONNECT(8)