Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Config File with ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Config File with ksh Post 302248904 by lucae on Monday 20th of October 2008 04:57:44 AM
Old 10-20-2008
it works

Thanks very much..! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

bash and its config file

Guys im using bash and for me i think its the best shell, anyway which conf file related to bash ? is it $SHELL or .profile i want to add path to it so i dont need to type the full path of the binary file, i also want to configure the behaviour of the shell, please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using config file

Hello I got script where is defined path name, connect string to database and name of the log file. I would like to create a new config file which will be consists of these path name, connect string and name of the log file. But I don't know how to use this config file into the main... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mape
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from text file based on configuration set in config file

Hi , a:) i have configuration file with pattren <Range start no>,<Range end no>,<type of records to be extracted from the data file>,<name of the file to store output> eg: myfile.confg 9899000000,9899999999,DATA,b.dat 9899000000,9899999999,SMS,a.dat b:) Stucture of my data file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suparnbector
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl config file Help

Hi can anyone help me understanding the following code my %config; open my $config, '<', 'config.txt' or die $!; while(<$config>) { chomp; (my $key, my @value) = split /=/, $_; $config{$key} = join '=', @value; } (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Placing a config file

Hi all, I need to place a custom configuration file for a script/program that will likely be sitting in /usr/sbin, but I am unsure of exactly where to place it. In RHEL was told the config file should be in /etc/sysconfig, but no such directory exists in Solaris. Will my config file simply sit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rocket2DMn
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help parsing config file in ksh

Hi all, I've done some searching here but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for so I thought I'd post up and see if someone can help out. I'm working on a shell script that I would like to store environment variables in an external file. I'm familiar with sourcing a file with variables in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kungfusnwbrdr
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)