Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Trubble in executing the cpp program... Post 302248876 by ps_sach on Monday 20th of October 2008 02:55:00 AM
Old 10-20-2008
MySQL Can't get the output...

I wrote a code like this.......

#include <iostream>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <mysql.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

using namespace std;

#include "Connection.h"

int main()
{
char *Host = (char *)"localhost";
char *Database =(char *)"sachin";
char *UserId =(char *)"root";
char *Password =NULL;
Result *result;
char *query;
Connection DbConnection(Host, Database, UserId, Password);
query="select * from the test"; // test is my database
result = DbConnection.Query(query); // perform the required database operation..

return 0;
}

Connection is the class & have connect function that just took the 4 arguments & establishes the connection to the mysql server ...Also Query is the function defined in connection class.

I m getting output as -
$g++ -c -I/usr/include/mysql Main.cpp
$ g++ -o Main Main.o -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient
$./Main
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'char const*'
Aborted

I don't know why i m getting this output. I think it is related to the library.......

Can any one help me......

Last edited by ps_sach; 10-20-2008 at 05:45 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

executing a program within a program

Read the title: how do i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gekko
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing the su command from a java program.

Say in unix (AIX) m/c, I am logged in with s1 user and want to start process p1 with user credentials of s2. I can do manually in this way: #su - s2 #enter password for s2> somePassword $ p1 But all this I have to do through a java program. How to pass the password through program. One... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shailendrat
1 Replies

3. Programming

Executing an .ec program in different informix versions

Hi all, I tried writing an .ec program connecting to informix database from solaris platform Sun 5.7 informix version that i had to used when i compiled the program was 9.21.UC3 the binary when i ported solaris box with informix version 9.40.UC5 i am unable to run that i am encountering... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert cpp program to c shell script ?

Hi guys I tried to convert this c++ code to c shell script but there are some bugs and I don't know how to solve it. This code prints the three variables in decreasing order: int main() { int x,y,z; cin >> x >> y >>z; if ( x < y ) if ( x < z ) if ( y < z ) cout << x <<" " <<... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: domain
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to know the size of the program currently executing in memory

hey everybody, i am currently working on solaris 10 os on a m5000 server. my problem is when i want the exact size of a program in execution, i am unable to do it. earlier i thought the RSS field of prstat but because of its large size it cant be the size. pmap -x shows some output but it includes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryansheikh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Java Program

I am entirely new to shell scripting and would like to create a script to execute a java program called Main. I've already compiled it and placed the .java and .class files at /root/javaTest. Next I made a shell script that simply contained: java /root/javaTest/Main . I made the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypnotic_meat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing WIN32OLE program

Hello, Please help me out to execute this perl program: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Win32::OLE qw(in with); use Win32::OLE::Const 'Microsoft Excel'; $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3; # die on errors... # get already active Excel application or open new my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing a different program

What system calls or commands do I need to use in order to execute a different program from an already running process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justOne21
1 Replies

9. Programming

Error with shared lIBMpi.so.1 when compiling CPP program

Hello, Met a problem when compiling a C++ program from source code without error, but when ran it there was always an error message: ./Ray: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi_cxx.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryAs the error points to openmpi which was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
0 Replies

10. Programming

Error in executing the C program

Hello Friends, I have written a code for the unisex bathroom which makes a policy that when a woman is in the bathroom only other women may enter, but not men, and vice versa. This program consists of four functions which a user defines but these functions are not properly working while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Tej
4 Replies
zipios::ZipOutputStream(3)				     Library Functions Manual					zipios::ZipOutputStream(3)

NAME
zipios::ZipOutputStream - SYNOPSIS
#include <zipoutputstream.h> Public Member Functions ZipOutputStream (std::ostream &os) ZipOutputStream constructor. ZipOutputStream (const std::string &filename) ZipOutputStream constructor. void closeEntry () Closes the current entry updates its header with the relevant size information and positions the stream write pointer for the next entry header. void close () Calls finish and if the ZipOutputStream was created with a filename as a parameter that file is closed as well. void finish () Closes the current entry (if one is open), then writes the Zip Central Directory Structure closing the ZipOutputStream. void putNextEntry (const ZipCDirEntry &entry) void putNextEntry (const std::string &entryName) void setComment (const std::string &comment) Sets the global comment for the Zip archive. void setLevel (int level) Sets the compression level to be used for subsequent entries. void setMethod (StorageMethod method) Sets the compression method to be used. virtual ~ZipOutputStream () Destructor. Detailed Description ZipOutputStream is an ostream that writes the output to a zip file. The interface approximates the interface of the Java ZipOutputStream. Definition at line 18 of file zipoutputstream.h. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation zipios::ZipOutputStream::ZipOutputStream (std::ostream &os) [explicit] ZipOutputStream constructor. Parameters: os ostream to which the compressed zip archive is written. pos position to reposition the ostream to before reading. Definition at line 13 of file zipoutputstream.cpp. zipios::ZipOutputStream::ZipOutputStream (const std::string &filename) [explicit] ZipOutputStream constructor. filename to write the zip archive to. Definition at line 24 of file zipoutputstream.cpp. zipios::ZipOutputStream::~ZipOutputStream () [virtual] Destructor. Definition at line 74 of file zipoutputstream.cpp. Member Function Documentation void zipios::ZipOutputStream::close () Calls finish and if the ZipOutputStream was created with a filename as a parameter that file is closed as well. If the ZipOutputStream was created with an ostream as its first parameter nothing but the call to finish happens. Definition at line 38 of file zipoutputstream.cpp. void zipios::ZipOutputStream::closeEntry () Closes the current entry updates its header with the relevant size information and positions the stream write pointer for the next entry header. Puts the stream in EOF state. Call putNextEntry() to clear the EOF stream state flag. Definition at line 33 of file zipoutputstream.cpp. void zipios::ZipOutputStream::finish () Closes the current entry (if one is open), then writes the Zip Central Directory Structure closing the ZipOutputStream. The output stream that the zip archive is being written to is not closed. Definition at line 45 of file zipoutputstream.cpp. void zipios::ZipOutputStream::putNextEntry (const ZipCDirEntry &entry) Begins writing the next entry. Definition at line 50 of file zipoutputstream.cpp. void zipios::ZipOutputStream::putNextEntry (const std::string &entryName) Begins writing the next entry. Definition at line 54 of file zipoutputstream.cpp. void zipios::ZipOutputStream::setComment (const std::string &comment) Sets the global comment for the Zip archive. Definition at line 59 of file zipoutputstream.cpp. void zipios::ZipOutputStream::setLevel (intlevel) Sets the compression level to be used for subsequent entries. Definition at line 64 of file zipoutputstream.cpp. void zipios::ZipOutputStream::setMethod (StorageMethodmethod) Sets the compression method to be used. only STORED and DEFLATED are supported. Definition at line 69 of file zipoutputstream.cpp. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Zipios++ from the source code. Zipios++ Mon Oct 10 2011 zipios::ZipOutputStream(3)