Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Wanted: Geographically distributed filesystem solution Post 302248735 by otheus on Sunday 19th of October 2008 09:52:59 AM
Old 10-19-2008
Host-based replication. We currently have a system for application redundancy and load balancing based on LVS+Squid+RH-clustering.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Distributed

I've downloaded distributed latest build for dnetc, and I think i installed it. Not sure where the excicuteable would be. Any help? i realize this is a little ambigious, so I can allways reintstall it if i know how to put it in a specific directory.. does anyone know if VNC works for the Intel... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

4. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

distributed filesystem over internet/VPN

On this forum was already posted similar question, but it was 4 years ago and didn't give me answers. I have two groups of engineers that works in far locations connected via VPN. Physically, the connection is a DSL. Currently we have a linux server in one location that provide files over... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Domino
4 Replies
squid_unix_group(8)					      System Manager's Manual					       squid_unix_group(8)

NAME
squid_unix_group - Squid UNIX Group external_acl helper SYNOPSIS
squid_unix_group [-g groupname] [-g groupname...] [-p] [-s] DESCRIPTION
This helper allows Squid to base access controls on users memberships in UNIX groups. -g groupname Specifies a group name to match. -p Also match the users primary group from /etc/passwd -s Strip NT domain name component from user names (/ or separated) EXAMPLES
This squid.conf example defines two Squid acls. usergroup1 matches users in group1, and usergroup2 matches users in group2 or group3 external_acl_type unix_group %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_unix_group -p acl usergroup1 external unix_group group1 acl usergroup2 external unix_group group2 group3 NOTES
By default up to 11 groups can be matched in one acl (including commandline specified groups). This limit is defined by MAX_GROUPS in the source code. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> squid_unix_group is written by Rodrigo Campos <rodrigo@geekbunker.org> KNOWN ISSUES
Does not understand gid aliased groups sometimes used to work around groups size limitations. If you are using gid aliased groups then you must specify each alias by name. QUESTIONS
Any questions on usage can be sent to Squid Users <squid-users@squid-cache.org> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs or bug-fixes to Rodrigo Campos <rodrigo@geekbunker.org> or Squid Developers <squid-dev@squid-cache.org> SEE ALSO
group(5),passwd(5) Squid UNIX Group helper 12 August 2002 squid_unix_group(8)