Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Wanted: Geographically distributed filesystem solution Post 302248732 by otheus on Sunday 19th of October 2008 09:40:53 AM
Old 10-19-2008
thanks for the link, but it's quite vague... it provides neither technical nor executive info. It seems it's written for a field engineer with prior knowledge of all the products. Is Metrocluster an HP product? I see that NetApp also has a product with a similar name. Does Metrocluster require a fiber link between the disk arrays?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Distributed

I've downloaded distributed latest build for dnetc, and I think i installed it. Not sure where the excicuteable would be. Any help? i realize this is a little ambigious, so I can allways reintstall it if i know how to put it in a specific directory.. does anyone know if VNC works for the Intel... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

4. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

distributed filesystem over internet/VPN

On this forum was already posted similar question, but it was 4 years ago and didn't give me answers. I have two groups of engineers that works in far locations connected via VPN. Physically, the connection is a DSL. Currently we have a linux server in one location that provide files over... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Domino
4 Replies
NetApp::Snapmirror(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   NetApp::Snapmirror(3pm)

NAME
NetApp::Snapmirror -- OO class for snapmirror relationships SYNOPSIS
use NetApp::Filer; use NetApp::Snapmirror; my $filer = NetApp::Filer->new( .... ); my @snapmirrors = $filer->get_snapmirrors; my $volume = $filer->get_volume( .... ); my @snapmirrors = $volume->get_snapmirrors; DESCRIPTION
This class encapsulates a single snapmirror relationship, and provides methods for querying information about it, as well as methods for managing it. METHODS
get_filer Returns the NetApp::Filer object for the filer on which this snapmirror relationship is defined. get_source Returns a NetApp::Snapmirror::Source object representing the source filer/volume for this snapmirror relationship. get_destination Returns a NetApp::Snapmirror::Destination object representing the source filer/volume for this snapmirror relationship. Miscellaneous get_* methods All of the following get methods return strings which match the values found for each of the obvious keywords in the output of "snapmirror status -l": get_status get_progress get_state get_lag get_mirror_timestamp get_base_snapshot get_current_transfer_type get_current_transfer_error get_contents get_last_transfer_type get_last_transfer_size get_last_transfer_duration get_last_transfer_from NOTE: In a future release, when snapshots are supported as a proper object, the return value of get_snapshot will almost certainly return such an object. perl v5.14.2 2008-11-26 NetApp::Snapmirror(3pm)