Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Quick question about finding a large file Post 302248684 by cromohawk on Sunday 19th of October 2008 05:54:32 AM
Old 10-19-2008
#find / -xdev -size +100000 -exec ls -l {} \; | sort +4n | more

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

A very quick question

Just a super quick question: how do you put a link in your php code. I want to make a link to something in /tmp directory. i.e. how do you put a href into php, I think it's done a bit differently. thanks john (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmg5
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Question

Hello There! I am trying to write this SIMPLE script in Bourne Shell but I keep on getting syntax errors. Can you see what I am doing wrong? I've done this before but I don't see the difference. I am simply trying to take the day of the week from our system and when the teachers sign on I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: catbad
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick question

does anyone know what $? means? i echoed it on my box (running AIX Korn shell) and got 127 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penfold
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ok quick question

Hi i just wanted to know is there anyway to log the keystrokes on a remote computer? For example i let my nieces play on my other computer downstairs *my computer and the one downstairs are on a LAN* and i want to see everything they type in to make sure they arent doing anything they are supposed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question

Hi, Is there a simple way, using ksh, to find the byte position in a file that a stated character appears? Many thanks Helen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Quick if file exist question...

What does the "!" do in the second statement? Is kinda strange but sometimes one or the other works. rsakey="~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub" if ;then if ;then (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding and removing patterns in a large list of urls

I have a list of urls for example: Google Google Base Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Video - It's On Google The problem is that Google and Google are duplicates as are Yahoo! and Yahoo!. I'm needing to find these conical www duplicates and append the text "DUP#" in from of both Google and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: totus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding data in large no. of files

I need to find some data in a large no. of files. The data is in the following format : VALUE A VALUE B VALUE C VALUE D 10 4 65 1 12 4.5 65.5 2 10.75 5.1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooker97
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick question about finding the PID of long-running processes

The end result that I'd like is to terminate any process on my ps -u username list that extends beyond 20 minutes. I know for a fact that this process will be named l.exe, but I don't know the number in between and I won't know the PID. Is there a way to use grep or pidof to do this task every 20... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bolanok
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick way to select many records from a large file

I have a file, named records.txt, containing large number of records, around 0.5 million records in format below: 28433005 1 1 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 28433004 0 2 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 2 ... Another file is a key file, named key.txt, which is the list of some numbers in the first column of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zenongz
5 Replies
AA-EXEC(8)							     AppArmor								AA-EXEC(8)

NAME
aa-exec - confine a program with the specified AppArmor profile SYNOPSIS
aa-exec [options] [--] [<command> ...] DESCRIPTION
aa-exec is used to launch a program confined by the specified profile and or namespace. If both a profile and namespace are specified command will be confined by profile in the new policy namespace. If only a namespace is specified, the profile name of the current confinement will be used. If neither a profile or namespace is specified command will be run using standard profile attachment (ie. as if run without the aa-exec command). If the arguments are to be pasted to the <command> being invoked by aa-exec then -- should be used to separate aa-exec arguments from the command. aa-exec -p profile1 -- ls -l OPTIONS aa-exec accepts the following arguments: -p PROFILE, --profile=PROFILE confine <command> with PROFILE. If the PROFILE is not specified use the current profile name (likely unconfined). -n NAMESPACE, --namespace=NAMESPACE use profiles in NAMESPACE. This will result in confinement transitioning to using the new profile namespace. -f FILE, --file=FILE a file or directory containing profiles to load before confining the program. -i, --immediate transition to PROFILE before doing executing <command>. This subjects the running of <command> to the exec transition rules of the current profile. -v, --verbose show commands being performed -d, --debug show commands and error codes -- Signal the end of options and disables further option processing. Any arguments after the -- are treated as arguments of the command. This is useful when passing arguments to the <command> being invoked by aa-exec. BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
aa-stack(8), aa-namespace(8), apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa_change_profile(3), aa_change_onexec(3) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-EXEC(8)