Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Looking for openserver 5.0.5 media kit Post 302248626 by qube001 on Saturday 18th of October 2008 07:13:11 PM
Old 10-18-2008
Power Looking for openserver 5.0.5 media kit

Hello

We are running a pretty old system here which needs to be re-installed. Unfortunately even if all my licences are okay, my install CD are missing in the box.

I contacted sco in order to get these media kit, with no luck (product discontinued)

I was wondering if some good pal would help me to get this badly needed media ?
An iso image would greatly help

Thank you for reading

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

root-kit

Dear Guys, I want to know more about root-kit in Solaris.. If I'm not mistaken, root-kit is a bunch of scripts nor executable program that can manipulate root-privileges. And sometimes, root-kit is defined as malware.. Is that right? How to check whether my system got root-kit installed?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankoko
2 Replies

2. SCO

OpenServe 5.0.0 media kit?

I have a client with an OLD Point of Sale system (another POS tla). Old as in running since 1995! :eek: I'm cloning the system, but want to complete the backup/disaster recovery plan by having the media kit. Does anyone have a 5.0.0 media kit I can beg, borrow or buy? Thanks! JGT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt10
1 Replies

3. SCO

OpenServer 5.0.6 Media Needed

I have a client with 5.0.6 who wants to migrate to new hardware. We have in our posession all appropriate paper software licenses. Over the years the media has vanished Can anyone assist with locating an ISO or actual CD containing OpenServer 5.0.6, please? Thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: theantisco
9 Replies

4. SCO

openserver 5.0.6 media need

I am looking for openserver 5.0.6 media. I need build a new production server and we only have the 5.0.5 media. If anybody can help that be awesome. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stlwindadmin
9 Replies

5. SCO

SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5 Media Kit

My client has lost the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media. However, they do have a working SCO 5.0.5 system, but is crumbling apart. Where can I find the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media? Or can I get a copy of the SCO CD as a ISO file? Your help is much appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
7 Replies

6. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 Media Needed

Greetings, I've recently been given responsibility for a legacy server running SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 and upon taking inventory I discovered we have all the license documents but no installation media. Can anyone assist me with where I might download these? Thanks Kevin (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Harris
9 Replies

7. SCO

Sco media needed for openserver 5.0.6

Hello, i need if possible media for sco openserver 5.0.6 and also want to know if is possible to upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.0.6. Best regards, Paolo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elnino981
1 Replies

8. SCO

Need SCO 5.0.6 openserver media kit

hello everyone i need a copy of sco 5.0.6 iso for isntall a new server crash I read in a post that someone uploaded to an ftp an iso but I did not find the ftp any can helpme? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjgeddo
7 Replies

9. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 media needed

My media disk is unusable. Can someone provide me an ISO for Openserver 5.0.6? Thank you. Brantley Allen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brantleyallen
2 Replies
genra(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  genra(8)

Name
       genra - produce distribution RA60 media

Syntax
       /etc/genra [-{wv}] [hostname:]product_code special

Description
       The  utility is used to produce RA60 distribution media.  The utility searches for the product_code (as provided by the user on the command
       line), creates a new file system on the partition defined in the kit description, mounts the disk, transfers files and subsets as described
       in  the	kitcap	kit description, uses to verify files for accuracy in transfer, and then unmounts the file system.  The utility can create
       multiple directories on the RA60 for separate products, and can also combine multiple products into one product, all controlled by

The optional hostname: argument is the name of a remote TCP/IP network machine that contains the kitcap file.  The utility will	search	on
       the  remote machine for the product_code and use it for creating the media.  The colon (:) is a required delimiter for TCP/IP networks, and
       there is no space between the colon and the product_code.  For example, if the product code was ULT-2.2-V-BW, and the  kitcap  file  to	be
       used was on node "mynode", the proper syntax for this option would be
		      mynode:ULT-2.2-V-BW

The  product_code  is  a  user defined code that is located in and describes the partition, directories, and subsets, that make up a kitcap
       description.  It can be any set of numbers or letters, and is usually formed in a way to have some  meaning  as	to  the  product  that	it
       describes.  For example, if the product name is MYPRODUCT and it is version 1, a proper product_code for that product might be MYP010.

The special argument indicates that the device is a special device such as The actual partition that the utility will write the files on is
       defined in the kitcap description for the product_code that is being used.  Therefore, it makes no difference what partition is appended to
       the special device file used on the command line.

Options
       -w     Write only.

-v     Verify only.

If  neither  option appears on the command line, then by default, the utility will write, then verify, the files in the kit descrip-
	      tor.

Restrictions
       You must be a superuser to run this program.  If the optional hostname is used, you must be able to access files  on  the  remote  host	as
       superuser.

Files
       ra device special files

Kit descriptor database

See Also
       gentapes(1), sum(1), kitcap(5)

genra(8)