Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: plz hellp me
Operating Systems Solaris plz hellp me Post 302248573 by Reboot on Saturday 18th of October 2008 10:59:35 AM
Old 10-18-2008
Hi incredible,
I have also heared about VMWare for x86 Systems.
I have laptop and I also want to have solaris along with windows.
So, could you explane something more about VMWare....
From where we can get this software, configuration required and any other thing we must know.....

Thanks in Advance...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Plz!

Ok, here's the deal. I'm running WinXp. I was merging two partitions using partition magic when I lost power to my box. I have very IMPORTANT data on one partition and the other is blank, hence the attempted merge. After the power loss, I booted my system up. Now, I was getting errors... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silicon Demon
2 Replies

3. Programming

plz help

alright, i just got this assignment. since im very new to unix programming, i would like to have some ideas about it. honestly, i dont even know what the hell he is asking for. plz see the attached pdf and help me out. thank you :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligerdave
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i need a hellp

hi well, i have a problem with my Linux Mandrake 10.2 it was like that i have a motorola fax modem and i get the rpm from motorola link and install it but my modem dosent work when i check hardwaredrake i find it in unknow device what i can do plzzz help :o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony9002
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz help

I am a newbie to Unix, I am using vi editor. I was able to print output to the screen using simple scripts. But when I tried a midlevel script I don't see anything on the screen and Cursor is just blinking when I type ./test11 filename. I have used chmod 755 also, but of no use. Any help would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

PLZ hellp me

Which are the best study of unix or linux Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insert
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Apache w/ "Coverity Prevent" cannot start... please hellp!

Hi, I am trying to start the apache server on 11i for Coverity Prevent using following command: # cov-start-gui --datadir /qa_home/coverity/data_dir-4.3.0 cov-internal-httpd not running. For further information, see '/qa_home/coverity/data_dir-4.3.0/logs/error_log' # the error_log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prits31
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PLZ help..!!

plz help me with this question : 1111 | aaaa | pppp | 23/9/87 3333 | dddd | oooo | 6/9/8 4444 | gggg | rrrr | 5/8/9 5555 | qqqq | eeee ans: 5555 | qqqq | eeee depending upon how many "|" are in the question be quick.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamitra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help me

hi... i want to print the below format by using shell scripting...plz help me 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 5 Thanking u in advance... regards ram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram_pl
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)