Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up a Solaris training Post 302248566 by fpmurphy on Saturday 18th of October 2008 10:44:21 AM
Old 10-18-2008
How about Zones/Containers/Logical Domains?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/solaris training

I am new to UNIX and somewhat familiar with Solaris. Can you suggest any good (simple English) books that can help me with understanding and learning UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris for a training: PC vs Sparc

I need a computer to try Solaris. I'm learning with UNIX Academy training DVDs and after spending much time with Linux I want to try and learn on Solaris. I'll have to buy a computer for my training anyway. I found on ebay plenty of inexpensive Sun boxes. Would it be beneficial for learning to have... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
26 Replies

3. Solaris

Setting IP on Solaris 10 help

Hi all, So, I need to change the IP/netmask on 2 sun v240's running solaris 10. I seem to have done it correctly on one, it's holding the ip after a init 6 reboot. The other does not want to keep ip using same commands. I'm guessing I have to change some files I haven't yet, but have no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuriosity_prime
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Any Solaris training?

Good Afternoon, Does anyone know of any free or cheap SkillSoft type Solaris training, with an exam? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
Graphics::Primitive(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Graphics::Primitive(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive - Device and library agnostic graphic primitives SYNOPSIS
Graphics::Primitive is a device and library agnostic system for creating and manipulating various graphical elements such as Borders, Fonts, Paths and the like. my $c = Graphics::Primitive::Component->new( background_color => Graphics::Color::RGB->new( red => 1, green => 0, blue => 0 ), width => 500, height => 350, border => new Graphics::Primitive::Border->new( width => 5 ) ); my $driver = Graphics::Primitive::Driver::Cairo->new(format => 'SVG'); $driver->prepare($c); $driver->finalize($c); $driver->draw($c); $driver->write($filename) DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive is library agnostic system for drawing things. The idea is to allow you to create and manipulate graphical components and then pass them off to a Driver for actual drawing. CONCEPTS
The root object for Graphics::Primitive is the Component. Components contain all the common elements that you'd expect: margins, padding, background color etc. The next most important is the Container. Containers are Components that can hold other Components. Containers have all the attributes and methods of a Component with the addition of the layout_manager attribute for us with Layout::Manager. Another important Component is the Canvas. The Canvas differs from other components by being a container for various Geometry::Primitive objects. This allows drawing of arbitrary shapes that do not fit existing components. DRAWING LIFECYCLE
After creating all your components, there is a lifecycle that allows them to do their internal housekeeping to prepare for eventual drawing. The lifecycle is: prepare, layout and pack. Detailed explanation of these methods can be found in Component. PREPARATION
Graphics::Primitive::Component has a "prepared" flag. This flag is set as part of the "prepare" method (shocking, I know). If this flag is set, then subsequent calls to "prepare" are ignored. Containers also have a prepare flag, but this flag is not set when calling "prepare". A Container's flag should be set by the layout manager. More information may be found with Layout::Manager. INSPIRATION
Most of the concepts that you'll find in Graphics::Primitive are inspired by Cairo <http://cairographics.org>'s API and CSS <http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/>'s box model. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" CONTRIBUTORS
Florian Ragwitz ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Many of the ideas here come from my experience using the Cairo library. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-02 Graphics::Primitive(3pm)