Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML root element
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML root element Post 302248551 by avis1981 on Saturday 18th of October 2008 08:21:12 AM
Old 10-18-2008
Can you give a provide the file content.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and searching xml element text in script

well i have this xml file here: this file is called filereader.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <file> <file1> <filecopy>/new/test/thefile.txt</filecopy> <filecopy>/new/test/thefile2.ppt</filecopy> </file1> </file> i need to write the script that search for the Bold text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a XML element and moving the file

Hi All, I am looking for a awk/shell which can find an element named REFERENCE in a XML file and check whether it is empty or not. If there is no value in the REFERENCE element then correspondingly move the file to some other folder. The Unix server is AIX version 4. Any inputs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: karansachdeva
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML Element Values

I have a rather large file with XML-style content. Each line contains one full XML entry. For example: 1:<Message><DNIS>1234</DNIS><UCID>3456</UCID><TransferGroup>XYZXYZ</TransferGroup></Message> 2:<Message><DNIS>9999</DNIS><UCID>2584</UCID><TransferGroup>ABCABC</TransferGroup></Message>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharpi03
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

read XML xml element with REGEXP

Hi, I would need to read an xml element from an xml file to a local variable. Please could you help me with a shell script to get so? Considering that I have a file called file.xml like below: <header> <description>This is the description</description> <content>This is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscarmon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the Root Element from the XML File

Any help to extract the root element from an XML file will be appreciated. Example: test.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <TestXMLMessage> <TestRec> <ID>1000</ID> </TestRec> </TestXMLMessage> Wanted to extract the TestXMLMessage. Regards, Chari (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree_chari
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find root element name of XML file

Given this XML: <?xml version="1.0"?> <catalog> <cd> <title>Empire Burlesque</title> <artist>Bob Dylan</artist> <country>USA</country> <company>Columbia</company> <price>10.90</price> <year>1985</year> </cd> <cd> <title>Hide your heart</title> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricksj
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl XML::DOM: How to test if element exists?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script for some xml file handling, but I'm not getting too far with it. I've got the following xml content <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Test xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" > <Operation name="OPER1"> <Action name="ACTION1">... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if XML element has a matching required element

I want to check if every <Part> element has corresponding <Description> in this sample XML. ....<Lot Of XML> <Inv lineNumber="2"> <Item> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Element from XML file

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a CSV within xml element tag using Python?

Hi Team, I have a CSV file which I have to read through and needs to insert the content within an XML file using Python ONLY ( as most of the code base we have in python only). I managed to find the first part, missing how to insert to XML under "specific" tags. cat input.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
0 Replies
ETSF_IO(1)							   User Commands							ETSF_IO(1)

NAME
etsf_io - manual page for etsf_io SYNOPSIS
etsf_io [-h | -a action] [[-i file]...] [[-f flag]...] DESCRIPTION
[-o file] [arguments] Handle ETSF files, see --action option. -h --help : show this little help. -a --action value : give the action to perform. Possible action may be: * 'merge' to gather several files that have been splitted. * 'content' to get the name of specifications the file matches. * 'check' to check the validity of the file against specifications. -o --output-file file : give the path to the output ETSF file. -i --input-file file : give the path for an input file. This option can be used one or several times. -l --list : when action is check, it give the list of available flags.q -f --flag value : give a flag name (get valid names from -l option). Examples: Merge three files, etsf_io -a merge -i file1.nc -i file2.nc -i file3.nc -o output.nc Get the contents of file test.nc, etsf_io -a content test.nc Get the list of flags for validity checks, etsf_io -a check -l Checks with two flags, etsf_io -a check -f flag1 -f flag2 test.nc SEE ALSO
The full documentation for etsf_io is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and etsf_io programs are properly installed at your site, the command info etsf_io should give you access to the complete manual. etsf_io November 2011 ETSF_IO(1)