Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ip settings
Operating Systems Linux Ip settings Post 302248521 by guguli on Saturday 18th of October 2008 03:24:25 AM
Old 10-18-2008
Bug Ip settings

Hi,

How to set ip address in linux.

Regards,
Guguli

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

LAN settings

Hi all, How do i check whether the LAN is using full-duplex or half-duplex? It'll be best if there is a method on command line but i don't mind using GUI. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nickk
1 Replies

2. BSD

settings in rc.firewall

Hi everyone. I'm trying to setup eMule and torrents on the local network behind the BSD server. And everything seems to work except one detail - it works as long as ${fwcmd} add deny log tcp from any to any in via ${oif} setup is commented out. Meaning that not only required ports are open,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reality
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

settings in rc.firewall

Hi everyone. I'm trying to setup eMule and torrents on the local network behind the BSD server. And everything seems to work except one detail - it works as long as ${fwcmd} add deny log tcp from any to any in via ${oif} setup is commented out. Meaning that not only required ports are open, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reality
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

enviroment settings

What are the environment setting during a cron session? I have HP-UX and I want to send the output/file from a script to several e-mail addresses. I want to create an env-var to store the e-mail addresses in my .profile, but I do not know if it will be visible when a script is executed in a cron. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
4 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS settings

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how DNS settings can be made effective after changing the resolv.conf file. I don't want to shut down and restart, so I'm looking for a possible process that I can stop and start. However, I'm not having any luck finding information to do so. Does anyone know if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bad-ash
8 Replies

6. AIX

hyperlink settings

Does anyone know the hyperlink settings to look at an AIX5L box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbagwell
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

user settings

Hello I wonder... lets say I have to set up very very restricted rights to a user that only should be able to access logfile Y in catalogue X and nothing else. Current user is going to use Putty to access current unix machine. Is it possible to set up user settings so a user is just able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mimaca
1 Replies

8. Solaris

PAM settings.

Hi Experts, Appended is the pam.conf file in my Sol 5.10 client which uses AD for authentication(Followed scott Lowe's blog on AD-Solaris integration): bash-3.00# cat /etc/pam.conf ##ident "@(#)pam.conf 1.31 07/12/07 SMI" # Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
9 Replies

9. HP-UX

IPC settings on HP-UX

Hi Experts, Need your help for checking te interprocess communications settings on HP-UX box. Using ipcs command I am able to view Message queue,semapohores etc, but from that output I m not able to understand how to determine if there is any issue with ipc settings and how to resolve that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with firewall settings

Hi all, I am confusing myself with trying to set up a firewall and hope someone here can help me progress. I have a small cluster of three Raspberry PI's running NOOBS, which I believe is a Debian fork. I have a "Gateway" machine, if that is the right phrase, that has a USB Wifi dongle... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
0 Replies
STATFS(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 STATFS(2)

NAME
statfs, fstatfs - get file system statistics SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/vfs.h> int statfs(const char *path, struct statfs *buf); int fstatfs(int fd, struct statfs *buf); DESCRIPTION
statfs returns information about a mounted file system. path is the path name of any file within the mounted filesystem. buf is a pointer to a statfs structure defined as follows: struct statfs { long f_type; /* type of filesystem (see below) */ long f_bsize; /* optimal transfer block size */ long f_blocks; /* total data blocks in file system */ long f_bfree; /* free blocks in fs */ long f_bavail; /* free blocks avail to non-superuser */ long f_files; /* total file nodes in file system */ long f_ffree; /* free file nodes in fs */ fsid_t f_fsid; /* file system id */ long f_namelen; /* maximum length of filenames */ long f_spare[6]; /* spare for later */ }; File system types: linux/affs_fs.h: AFFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0xADFF linux/efs_fs.h: EFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x00414A53 linux/ext_fs.h: EXT_SUPER_MAGIC 0x137D linux/ext2_fs.h: EXT2_OLD_SUPER_MAGIC 0xEF51 EXT2_SUPER_MAGIC 0xEF53 linux/hpfs_fs.h: HPFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0xF995E849 linux/iso_fs.h: ISOFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x9660 linux/minix_fs.h: MINIX_SUPER_MAGIC 0x137F /* orig. minix */ MINIX_SUPER_MAGIC2 0x138F /* 30 char minix */ MINIX2_SUPER_MAGIC 0x2468 /* minix V2 */ MINIX2_SUPER_MAGIC2 0x2478 /* minix V2, 30 char names */ linux/msdos_fs.h: MSDOS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x4d44 linux/ncp_fs.h: NCP_SUPER_MAGIC 0x564c linux/nfs_fs.h: NFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x6969 linux/proc_fs.h: PROC_SUPER_MAGIC 0x9fa0 linux/smb_fs.h: SMB_SUPER_MAGIC 0x517B linux/sysv_fs.h: XENIX_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B4 SYSV4_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B5 SYSV2_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B6 COH_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B7 linux/ufs_fs.h: UFS_MAGIC 0x00011954 linux/xfs_fs.h: XFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x58465342 linux/xia_fs.h: _XIAFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FD16D Fields that are undefined for a particular file system are set to 0. fstatfs returns the same information about an open file referenced by descriptor fd. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
For statfs: ENOTDIR A component of the path prefix of path is not a directory. ENAMETOOLONG path is too long. ENOENT The file referred to by path does not exist. EACCES Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix of path. ELOOP Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating path. EFAULT Buf or path points to an invalid address. EIO An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. ENOMEM Insufficient kernel memory was available. ENOSYS The filesystem path is on does not support statfs. For fstatfs: EBADF fd is not a valid open file descriptor. EFAULT buf points to an invalid address. EIO An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. ENOSYS The filesystem fd is open on does not support statfs. CONFORMING TO
The Linux statfs was inspired by the 4.4BSD one (but they do not use the same structure). SEE ALSO
stat(2) Linux 2.0.30 1997-08-21 STATFS(2)