Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Quick question about finding a large file Post 302248497 by raidkridley on Friday 17th of October 2008 07:47:33 PM
Old 10-17-2008
Quick question about finding a large file

what is the correct command for finding the largest file and displaying it without any error information?

I can find it, but how do I display it in the same command?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

A very quick question

Just a super quick question: how do you put a link in your php code. I want to make a link to something in /tmp directory. i.e. how do you put a href into php, I think it's done a bit differently. thanks john (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmg5
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Question

Hello There! I am trying to write this SIMPLE script in Bourne Shell but I keep on getting syntax errors. Can you see what I am doing wrong? I've done this before but I don't see the difference. I am simply trying to take the day of the week from our system and when the teachers sign on I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: catbad
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick question

does anyone know what $? means? i echoed it on my box (running AIX Korn shell) and got 127 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penfold
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ok quick question

Hi i just wanted to know is there anyway to log the keystrokes on a remote computer? For example i let my nieces play on my other computer downstairs *my computer and the one downstairs are on a LAN* and i want to see everything they type in to make sure they arent doing anything they are supposed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question

Hi, Is there a simple way, using ksh, to find the byte position in a file that a stated character appears? Many thanks Helen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Quick if file exist question...

What does the "!" do in the second statement? Is kinda strange but sometimes one or the other works. rsakey="~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub" if ;then if ;then (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding and removing patterns in a large list of urls

I have a list of urls for example: Google Google Base Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Video - It's On Google The problem is that Google and Google are duplicates as are Yahoo! and Yahoo!. I'm needing to find these conical www duplicates and append the text "DUP#" in from of both Google and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: totus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding data in large no. of files

I need to find some data in a large no. of files. The data is in the following format : VALUE A VALUE B VALUE C VALUE D 10 4 65 1 12 4.5 65.5 2 10.75 5.1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooker97
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick question about finding the PID of long-running processes

The end result that I'd like is to terminate any process on my ps -u username list that extends beyond 20 minutes. I know for a fact that this process will be named l.exe, but I don't know the number in between and I won't know the PID. Is there a way to use grep or pidof to do this task every 20... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bolanok
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick way to select many records from a large file

I have a file, named records.txt, containing large number of records, around 0.5 million records in format below: 28433005 1 1 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 28433004 0 2 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 2 ... Another file is a key file, named key.txt, which is the list of some numbers in the first column of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zenongz
5 Replies
pgmtexture(1)						      General Commands Manual						     pgmtexture(1)

NAME
pgmtexture - calculate textural features on a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
pgmtexture [-d d] [pgmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable graymap as input. Calculates textural features based on spatial dependence matrices at 0, 45, 90, and 135 degrees for a distance d (default = 1). Textural features include: (1) Angular Second Moment, (2) Contrast, (3) Correlation, (4) Variance, (5) Inverse Difference Moment, (6) Sum Average, (7) Sum Variance, (8) Sum Entropy, (9) Entropy, (10) Difference Variance, (11) Difference Entropy, (12, 13) Information Measures of Correlation, and (14) Maximal Correlation Coefficient. Algorithm taken from: Haralick, R.M., K. Shanmugam, and I. Dinstein. 1973. Textural features for image classification. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybertinetics, SMC-3(6):610-621. BUGS
The program can run incredibly slow for large images (larger than 64 x 64) and command line options are limited. The method for finding (14) the maximal correlation coefficient, which requires finding the second largest eigenvalue of a matrix Q, does not always converge. REFERENCES
IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybertinetics, SMC-3(6):610-621. SEE ALSO
pgm(5), pnmcut(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, employer for hire of James Darrell McCauley. 22 Aug 1991 pgmtexture(1)