Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Loading mysql library error.. Post 302248215 by jim mcnamara on Friday 17th of October 2008 06:23:25 AM
Old 10-17-2008
If you are on linux, try running ldconfig. OTherwise your process will have to define LD_LIBRARY_PATH to define the location of the library with a complete (not relative) path.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

loading a dynamic library in linux

is there a way to load a dynamic library in linux? I know tht in AIX u can do it using the loadAndInit() function. Please guide me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacques83
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loading values into a MYSQL database

Where to start? Ok, I need to pick up a Worldpay exchange rates file from a url such as: https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/info?op=rates&instId=12345&op=rates-today the http response returns a exchange rates file with content-type "text/plain" content as below: #Exchange rates for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshelluser
2 Replies

3. Linux

Problem in loading library

I am trying to run seagull tool. But when i start it following error shown |E|Unable to open library file error |A|STOP log Please help me how i can recover from it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. Programming

Error while loading libstlport_gcc.so library

I am getting error while processing the below line : "DEPENDENCIES=$OMNIWORKS_PATH/tradewind/build/build_dg_c $(SET) "*.pcc" $(SET).pcctmp1 ".cc" h" ... --------------------------------------------- ! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ! Build rule... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

5. Programming

gdb - loading symbols of shared library

I am debugging in gdb a program that dynamically loads libodbcinst.so. I want to debug the code from libodbcinst - I can break in it, see the source and step through it, but whenever I try printing a variable, I get (e.g. for the variable ret): No symbol "ret" in current context. In my program... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimon
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL5 reboot - error loading shared library

Hi All, I have RHEL 5 installed in my system. Something must has happened because when i reboot the server, it came with many error.. /usr/bin/rhgb-client -- error while loading shared libraries: libpopt.so.0. Can't open shared object files. No such file/directory It finnaly ends with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
0 Replies

7. Programming

Loading the shared library I want

Hi All I have been given by someone else header file and a shared library to be used by my C++ application. Compilation is fine but when I try to executes the application I receive the following error. ./first: error while loading shared libraries: libMyLib.so.9: cannot open shared object file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

8. AIX

Loading a shared library in AIX

Hi, I have an application running on AIX. The app is deployed on Webspshere server. Due to some reason, i have to make use of a third party library (Sigar API's) from my application. This library requires an .so file as well. Is there any location where i can put this *.so file and it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_guest
1 Replies
LDCONFIG(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       LDCONFIG(8)

NAME
ldconfig - configure dynamic linker run-time bindings SYNOPSIS
/sbin/ldconfig [ -nNvXV ] [ -f conf ] [ -C cache ] [ -r root ] directory ... /sbin/ldconfig -l [ -v ] library ... /sbin/ldconfig -p DESCRIPTION
ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache to the most recent shared libraries found in the directories specified on the command line, in the file /etc/ld.so.conf, and in the trusted directories (/lib and /usr/lib). The cache is used by the run-time linker, ld.so or ld- linux.so. ldconfig checks the header and filenames of the libraries it encounters when determining which versions should have their links updated. ldconfig will attempt to deduce the type of ELF libs (i.e., libc5 or libc6/glibc) based on what C libs, if any, the library was linked against. Some existing libs do not contain enough information to allow the deduction of their type. Therefore, the /etc/ld.so.conf file format allows the specification of an expected type. This is used only for those ELF libs which we can not work out. The format is "dirname=TYPE", where TYPE can be libc4, libc5, or libc6. (This syntax also works on the command line.) Spaces are not allowed. Also see the -p option. ldconfig should normally be run by the superuser as it may require write permission on some root owned directories and files. OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode. Print current version number, the name of each directory as it is scanned, and any links that are created. Overrides quiet mode. -n Only process directories specified on the command line. Don't process the trusted directories (/lib and /usr/lib) nor those speci- fied in /etc/ld.so.conf. Implies -N. -N Don't rebuild the cache. Unless -X is also specified, links are still updated. -X Don't update links. Unless -N is also specified, the cache is still rebuilt. -f conf Use conf instead of /etc/ld.so.conf. -C cache Use cache instead of /etc/ld.so.cache. -r root Change to and use root as the root directory. -l Library mode. Manually link individual libraries. Intended for use by experts only. -p Print the lists of directories and candidate libraries stored in the current cache. FILES
/lib/ld.so run-time linker/loader /etc/ld.so.conf File containing a list of colon, space, tab, newline, or comma-separated directories in which to search for libraries. /etc/ld.so.cache File containing an ordered list of libraries found in the directories specified in /etc/ld.so.conf, as well as those found in /lib and /usr/lib. SEE ALSO
ldd(1), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.55 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2012-05-10 LDCONFIG(8)