Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Thread pooling in cpp on gnu linux Post 302248210 by ps_sach on Friday 17th of October 2008 06:16:54 AM
Old 10-17-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
There are threadpool C++ cross-platofrm classes available - here is some documentation:
threadpool Documentation

This seems to be aimed at MS programmers who are used to threadpool. From your question I would guess this is where you are coming from.

Thanks for the help. But as u have said i have gone through it, but didn't get too much.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Connection Pooling

Hi , Could anyone suggest how do you implement a Connection pool in C? Connection pool to store/reuse connections to any resource manager .. database, MQSeries. How is this done? Regards, VJ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjsony
0 Replies

2. Linux

Linux Hyper-thread support?

Hello all, I'm looking in to building a Redhat/Windows machine for myself and was wondering if Redhat linux support 800Mhz front side bus speed or hyper-thread? If so would I have to recompile the kernel to enable this feature? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNU and Linux: Different or the same?

Sorry for sounding like an incredible n00b, but as I have been lurking and searching on the net, I have come across something that may be common sense to most, but to me is confusing. I constantly see the word GNU when I do searches for Linux, both on this web site and on search engines. I found... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection pooling in perl

I am developing a web based application using perl. I need to use the concept of connection pooling in it. I am using apache server & my db is postgres. Can any one help me in this regard. If any sample script or the site provide will be of greater help. Thanks & Regards, Alma (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alma
1 Replies

5. SCO

GNU cpp and make on SCO

Installed GNU make and the GNU C/C++ compiler on SCO Openserver 5.0.7 recently. Only a normal user is able to run make and compile programs - root is not able to. Under root, make do run, but root can't access the compiler at all, even tho I set root's path to point to the compiler.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Librarian
0 Replies

6. Fedora

FreeBSD or GNU/Linux?

Hi, i'm working on micro$oft windows based networking environment's. i want learn other os than micro$oft windows. i tested FreeBSD & Gnu/Linux (Fedora). both are similar. which of following is best choice for me? for networking? and which of them has future (for e.g not discontinued after 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skynet_boy
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Thread implementation in Linux

I read about Thread implementation in linux. it says a thread is treated as a process. that means every thread (which should be light weight) has it's own task_struct (which is quite heavy, tipically 1.5kb). still results favors linux then other operating system which have additional support for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
0 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)