Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NIM host name change
Operating Systems AIX NIM host name change Post 302248120 by kimyo on Friday 17th of October 2008 03:45:38 AM
Old 10-17-2008
NIM host name change

Hi

I have a NIM server on AIX 5.3.08.02. I had to change the host name and I now have nimsh connection issues to the NIM clients. All host files and DNS entries are correct with the new host name. I have tried editing the niminfo files on the NIM server and NIM clinet. I have tried removing the the NIM client from NIM and then recreating it through "smitty eznim" on the client, but still no luck. I get the following error in /var/adm/ras/nimsh.log

Tue Oct 14 15:52:34 2008 passing OpenSSL setting of 0
Tue Oct 14 15:52:34 2008 error: remote value passed, "new_host_name", does not match environment value "old_host_name"

Does anybody have any ideas? Could this require an ODM edit to change the NIM server host name entry?

Thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change $HOST in /etc/hosts

I want to change the following lines in /etc/hosts on FreeBSD: ::1 localhost localhost.my.domain 127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.my.domain into the following lines ::1 localhost foo.example.com 127.0.0.1 localhost foo.example.com I have the following script to do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
5 Replies

3. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

4. AIX

Single command to change the attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host

Hi, I would like to know if there is a command similar to scsimgr in HP-UX that can help me change the algorithm and reserve_policy attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host. Otherwise I would have to use, chdev -l hdiskX -a algorithm=round_robin reserve_policy=no_reserve in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanna_geekworkz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change password for multiple host

1-How can i change root password of 5 Fedora 11 machines (server1 server2 server3 server4 server5) with a single script , for example make password : 123456 NB. from server1 i can via ssh connect to the others machines without a password Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chang-lee
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change user> to user@host> ssh prompt

Hi, I was wondering how to change the prompt for my ssh login. At the moment it is like user> while I'd like it to be as user@host> It is in the .bash_profile or .ssh ??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmasterkim
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't change fully qualified host name

I tried changing my /etc/inet/hosts file for my server to: <ip address> <hostname> <fqdn> but when I go to reboot the file changes right back to: <ip address> <hostname> how do I get the <fqdn> to stick on a reboot. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Change from weak ssh host key to strong one

Hi, I got instructions from Security audit team for Solaris-10 server. They mentioned - "The sshd configuration on the host supported weak host keys and allowed password authentication on Solaris server. Enable stronger keys (2048 or 4096 bit)". I am not clear enough, what they mean by weak... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
yppoll(1M)						  System Administration Commands						yppoll(1M)

NAME
yppoll - return current version of a NIS map at a NIS server host SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/yppoll [-d ypdomain] [-h host] mapname DESCRIPTION
The yppoll command asks a ypserv() process what the order number is, and which host is the master NIS server for the named map. OPTIONS
-d ypdomain Use ypdomain instead of the default domain. -h host Ask the ypserv process at host about the map parameters. If host is not specified, the NIS server for the local host is used. That is, the default host is the one returned by ypwhich(1). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ypwhich(1), ypfiles(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 yppoll(1M)