Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Experts Answer this INterview Questions please Post 302248093 by Neo on Friday 17th of October 2008 02:50:33 AM
Old 10-17-2008
Thread closed.

We do not answer job interview questions here.

We might correct your answers if you make an good honest attempt to answer the questions on your own, but we are not doing your job interview homework for you.

Or maybe, you can contribute $250 to the forum server fund and we will help you get a job by helping you :-)

https://www.unix.com/misc.php?do=donate

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Interview Questions

hi everybody, my name is samir, i m from delhi,india. i m a student in solaris. just few days ago i had completed my course. can anybody tell me the possible interview questions in solaris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samir_sinu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Interview Questions

Please please if anyone has time to answer them, this noob would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 1. whats $# in a shell script 2. whats a $* in shell script 3. Explain nohup with an example 4. If $1 is the first parameter, whats $0 5. How do you see the return code of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxmulder123
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache ssl questions for experts

Hi, I have configured apache 2.0.59 with mod_ssl to set up a proxy to my app server. Incomming traffic https outgoing http. The listen port for the ssl port is 8050 not 443. When I start the server and I test it i get an error message. I googled for it and found the following expaination. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elvis00
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Interview questions

Hi guys, Interview Questions:- 1) There are 2 ways to create a slice in Solaris 1) we can create using format command but there say other than format 1more within sec. we can create a slice. 2) ? 2) How to create a temperory SWAP Space 3) How to check the Devices from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Please give me answer for these interview questions.

As i'm going to attend my first interview day after tomorrow, What should i need to answer if the interviewer asked me about 1. Tell me about your production environment. 2. What about your team size? 3. Tell me about the most critical situation/issue you have ever faced. Can any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interview topics or questions for unix developers with 4.years experience

Hi , I am gonna attend interview this week end for unix developer ( 4.5 years exp) opening .. Can you help me out the topics or the questions which I can expect in the interview. This is may be silly but it is very important to me. Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Require interview questions on UNIX

Hi Unix experts, I require interview questions on UNIX. Tomorrow I have to interview a guy of 2yrs experienced. So I require the Q&A's. Please provide the questions in a manner from Basics to Advanced with grading. We mostly use that guy for Unix shell scripting (support, maintenance). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration

Hi, Can some body help me to get Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration? Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)