Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Experts Answer this INterview Questions please Post 302248037 by vidyadhar85 on Friday 17th of October 2008 12:24:13 AM
Old 10-17-2008
you got interview question before attending it??
great.. even i wanna attened it..Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Interview Questions

hi everybody, my name is samir, i m from delhi,india. i m a student in solaris. just few days ago i had completed my course. can anybody tell me the possible interview questions in solaris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samir_sinu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Interview Questions

Please please if anyone has time to answer them, this noob would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 1. whats $# in a shell script 2. whats a $* in shell script 3. Explain nohup with an example 4. If $1 is the first parameter, whats $0 5. How do you see the return code of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxmulder123
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache ssl questions for experts

Hi, I have configured apache 2.0.59 with mod_ssl to set up a proxy to my app server. Incomming traffic https outgoing http. The listen port for the ssl port is 8050 not 443. When I start the server and I test it i get an error message. I googled for it and found the following expaination. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elvis00
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Interview questions

Hi guys, Interview Questions:- 1) There are 2 ways to create a slice in Solaris 1) we can create using format command but there say other than format 1more within sec. we can create a slice. 2) ? 2) How to create a temperory SWAP Space 3) How to check the Devices from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Please give me answer for these interview questions.

As i'm going to attend my first interview day after tomorrow, What should i need to answer if the interviewer asked me about 1. Tell me about your production environment. 2. What about your team size? 3. Tell me about the most critical situation/issue you have ever faced. Can any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interview topics or questions for unix developers with 4.years experience

Hi , I am gonna attend interview this week end for unix developer ( 4.5 years exp) opening .. Can you help me out the topics or the questions which I can expect in the interview. This is may be silly but it is very important to me. Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Require interview questions on UNIX

Hi Unix experts, I require interview questions on UNIX. Tomorrow I have to interview a guy of 2yrs experienced. So I require the Q&A's. Please provide the questions in a manner from Basics to Advanced with grading. We mostly use that guy for Unix shell scripting (support, maintenance). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration

Hi, Can some body help me to get Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration? Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies
cfengine(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       cfengine(8)

NAME
cfrun - Execute remote cfagents SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cfrun [options] DESCRIPTION
cfengine is a language based system specifically designed for testing and configuring unix-like systems attached to a TCP/IP network. cfrun is a tool for executing one or more remote agents; it contacts the cfservd daemon running on a remote host, which (in turn) starts an authorized agent. Cfrun cannot be used to send instructions to a remote agent, but it can be used to flag certain aspects to the agent's existing policy for special attention.. The command line options for cfrun are slightly unusual. They are separated into three sections: options to the cfrun program, options to the remote cfagent (with some security restrictions) and finally classes or flags to the remote agent. EXAMPLES
cfrun specialhost1 specialhost2 -- --verbose -- solaris In this example, we contact hosts specialhost1 specialhost2 by name, and ask them to execute cfagent with the --verbose flag, if the class solaris is not defined. cfrun specialhost1 --verbose -- -- solaris In this example the verbose flag is sent to cfrun rather than to the remote agent. No options are sent to the remote agents. The class specifier is sent to all the agents so that they may determine whether they fulfill the required class membership for execution. The default behaviour is to execute cfagent serially on all hosts listed in the cfrun.hosts file. FILES
cfrun read a configuration file cfrun.hosts which must contain a list of every potentially contactable host. AUTHOR
Mark Burgess, Oslo University College INFORMATION
http://www.cfengine.org Maintenance Commands cfengine(8)