Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to search value and two previous value Post 302247886 by cfajohnson on Thursday 16th of October 2008 02:36:17 PM
Old 10-16-2008

Code:
 awk '/resize/{printf "%s %s %s\n", last2, last1, $0 }
{ last2 = last1
  last1 = $0
}'  FILE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and retrieve previous line in file

I've got a file with the following layout: #STMP FSgroup filename /filesysname1 filestatus 2 #STMP FSstatus filename /filesysname1 ratio 30 #STMP FSgroup filename ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulsew
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to search text and output previous lines

I have a file (OMlog0) that is quite large, I need to find the line "Automatic Recharge Audit Process Finished" and output that line and the time stamp that occurs two lines previous. The line that I was using is "sed -n '/Automatic Recharge Audit Process Finished/,/No errors/p' /sn/log/OM* >... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinds
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text from a file and print text and one previous line too

Hi, Please let me know how to find text and print text and its previous line. Please don't get irritated few days back I asked text and next line. I am using HP-UX 11.11 Thanks for your help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a file and print previous lines from a particular point

Hi, I am new to ksh scripting and I have a problem. I have a file in which I have to search for a particular pattern say 'a' then from that line I need to search for another pattern say 'b' in the previous lines and thne print the file from pattern 'b' till the end of file. For eg: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umaislearning
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search for string and Print previous two lines and current line

Hello, Can anybody help me to correct my sed syntax to find the string and print previous two lines and current line and next one line. i am using string as "testing" netstat -v | sed -n -e '/test/{x;2!p;g;$!N;p;D;}' -e h i am able to get the previous line current line next line but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append specific lines to a previous line based on sequential search criteria

I'll try explain this as best I can. Let me know if it is not clear. I have large text files that contain data as such: 143593502 09-08-20 09:02:13 xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx 09-08-20 09:02:11 N line 1 test line 2 test line 3 test 143593503 09-08-20 09:02:13... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesse
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

solved -gawk, search for pattern - mark the previous line as a variable?

Im trying to parse ifconfig with awk and setup a bunch of variables in one shot. But Im having trouble figuring out how to work with data in previous lines. ifconfig output: eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:50:DA:10:7F:1B inet addr:10.10.10.10 Bcast:10.10.10.127 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get the previous word from the search pattren

Hi, How do i find the previous worlds from the searched pattrens? Input:- Create or replace procedure some tesx. search work is procedure(case insencitive). output:- Create or replace (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove previous line if next & previous lines have same 4th character.

I want to remove commands having no output. In below text file. bash-3.2$ cat abc_do_it.txt grpg10so>show trunk group all status grpg11so>show trunk group all status grpg12so>show trunk group all status GCPKNYAIGT73IMO 1440 1345 0 0 94 0 0 INSERVICE 93% 0%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies
DumpXML(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DumpXML(3pm)

NAME
Data::DumpXML - Dump arbitrary data structures as XML SYNOPSIS
use Data::DumpXML qw(dump_xml); $xml = dump_xml(@list) DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function called dump_xml() that takes a list of Perl values as its argument and produces a string as its result. The string returned is an XML document that represents any Perl data structures passed to the function. Reference loops are han- dled correctly. The following data model is used: data : scalar* scalar = undef | str | ref | alias ref : scalar | array | hash | glob | code array: scalar* hash: (key scalar)* The distribution comes with an XML schema and a DTD that more formally describe this structure. As an example of the XML documents produced, the following call: $a = bless [1,2], "Foo"; dump_xml($a); produces: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?> <data xmlns="http://www.cpan.org/.../Data-DumpXML.xsd"> <ref> <array class="Foo"> <str>1</str> <str>2</str> </array> </ref> </data> If dump_xml() is called in a void context, then the dump is printed on STDERR automatically. For compatibility with "Data::Dump", there is also an alias for dump_xml() called simply dump(). "Data::DumpXML::Parser" is a class that can restore data structures dumped by dump_xml(). Configuration variables The generated XML is influenced by a set of configuration variables. If you modify them, then it is a good idea to localize the effect. For example: sub my_dump_xml { local $Data::DumpXML::INDENT = ""; local $Data::DumpXML::XML_DECL = 0; local $Data::DumpXML::DTD_LOCATION = ""; local $Data::DumpXML::NS_PREFIX = "dumpxml"; return dump_xml(@_); } The variables are: $Data::DumpXML::INDENT You can set the variable $Data::DumpXML::INDENT to control the amount of indenting. The variable contains the whitespace you want to be used for each level of indenting. The default is a single space. To suppress indenting, set it to "". $Data::DumpXML::INDENT_STYLE This variable controls where end element are placed. If you set this variable to the value "Lisp" then end tags are not prefixed by NL. This give a more compact output. $Data::DumpXML::XML_DECL This boolean variable controls whether an XML declaration should be prefixed to the output. The XML declaration is the <?xml ...?> thingy. The default is 1. Set this value to 0 to suppress the declaration. $Data::DumpXML::NAMESPACE This variable contains the namespace used for the XML elements. The default is to let this be a URI that actually resolve to the XML schema on CPAN. Set it to "" to disable use of namespaces. $Data::DumpXML::NS_PREFIX This variable contains the namespace prefix to use on the elements. The default is "", which means that a default namespace will be declared. $Data::DumpXML::SCHEMA_LOCATION This variable contains the location of the XML schema. If this variable is non-empty, then an "xsi:schemaLocation" attribute is added to the top level "data" element. The default is not to include this, as the location can be inferred from the default XML namespace used. $Data::DumpXML::DTD_LOCATION This variable contains the location of the DTD. If this variable is non-empty, then a <!DOCTYPE ...> is included in the output. The default is to point to the DTD on CPAN. Set it to "" to suppress the <!DOCTYPE ...> line. BUGS
Class names with 8-bit characters are dumped as Latin-1, but converted to UTF-8 when restored by the Data::DumpXML::Parser. The content of globs and subroutines are not dumped. They are restored as the strings "** glob **" and "** code **". LVALUE and IO objects are not dumped at all. They simply disappear from the restored data structure. SEE ALSO
Data::DumpXML::Parser, XML::Parser, XML::Dumper, Data::Dump AUTHORS
The "Data::DumpXML" module is written by Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no>, based on "Data::Dump". The "Data::Dump" module was written by Gisle Aas, based on "Data::Dumper" by Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@umich.edu>. Copyright 1998-2003 Gisle Aas. Copyright 1996-1998 Gurusamy Sarathy. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2006-04-08 DumpXML(3pm)