Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lstat long path problem
Top Forums Programming lstat long path problem Post 302247752 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 16th of October 2008 10:05:57 AM
Old 10-16-2008
No. lstat() is it.

Try readlink(), then call stat on the path returned. It may also be that the actual filename itself is greater than NAME_MAX, rather than the path being greater than PATH_MAX. When lstat/stat fails, you should print the file specification that caused the error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: why the return valure of stat and lstat are the same?

i tried to use stat to get the attributes of a file and a soft link. but the result i got from stat and lstat are the same. say: ln -s f1 soft1 (soft is a soft link , point to f1) if i use > ls -il shows the inode and modify time of soft1 and f1 are different. but the modify... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gusla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc path problem - no acceptable path found

Hello everyone, I'm a unix noob. I have a powerbook running mac os x 10.4 and for one of my classes I need to install the latest version of php (5.0.5). I'm following the instructions at http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/php.html to install but I've run into a problem. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kendokendokendo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for SETUID and SETGID using PERL file find with lstat

About System and Perl: Sun Solaris 5.9 sparc, Perl 5.6.1 I've decided to use the perl file::find module to look for all the SETUID and SETGID files on my unix boxes. I wrote something like this: (I've shorted it a little to make it simple) #!/opt/perl/bin/perl use File::Find; find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: x96riley3
1 Replies

4. AIX

mkdir: A file or path name is too long

Hi, I have an AIX machine. I am trying to create a directory from within the script, but the message being shown is "mkdir: 0653-358 Cannot create directory 'xxx': A file or path name is too long" I am not giving any 'long' pathname to mkdir. The commands being issued within the script are: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenhorn007
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Long UNC path not working in CMD.EXE on remote machine

Hi, I am trying to connect to a remote server using Plink tool. Both my local and remote machines are Windows. On remote server, I have OpenSSH server installed. I am able to run commands on remote machine but there is some problem with long UNC path, which I noticed today. For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technext
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

specified path name is too long passing parameters to awk via shell script

Hello, I have this shell script that runs awk code by passing in parameters however now it doesn't work anymore with the parameters and I don't know why. It removes duplicates from an input file based on a part of the last field and a key column. It removes the record with the older datetime... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-035 specified path name too long

I get this error when attempting to run a simple .ksh script. This script runs fine on other servers. What causes this error? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivanachukapawn
3 Replies

8. Programming

lstat problem

Hello, I have a little problem with lstat. I use the find utility, to find a path for a file in my system. After that,I take that path and I pass it in lstat, but lstat returns -1, and this error : no such file or directory. So I m trying to "ls" the path in the shell, but it also fails. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garag11
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lstat problem

Hello, I have a little problem with lstat. I use the find utility, to find a path for a file in my system. After that,I take that path and I pass it in lstat, but lstat returns -1, and this error : no such file or directory. So I m trying to "ls" the path in the shell, but it also fails. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garag11
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Long PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH, … – what kind of performance impact do they have?

Hi, there! a long PATH... makes the OS access the disk quite often, hence there is a lot of disk I/O a long PATH... makes the OS compute a lot of ..., hence a high CPU load (Edited/added later: Yes, this is not about the lenght of the env. var., but about the number of directories listed.)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jochen_Hayek
1 Replies
LINKINFO(3)								 1							       LINKINFO(3)

linkinfo - Gets information about a link

SYNOPSIS
int linkinfo (string $path) DESCRIPTION
Gets information about a link. This function is used to verify if a link (pointed to by $path) really exists (using the same method as the S_ISLNK macro defined in stat.h). PARAMETERS
o $path - Path to the link. RETURN VALUES
linkinfo(3) returns the st_dev field of the Unix C stat structure returned by the lstat system call. Returns 0 or FALSE in case of error. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on Windows plat- | | | forms (Vista, Server 2008 or greater). | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 linkinfo(3) example <?php echo linkinfo('/vmlinuz'); // 835 ?> SEE ALSO
symlink(3), link(3), readlink(3). PHP Documentation Group LINKINFO(3)