Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem in while loop in a script Post 302247660 by vishwa787 on Thursday 16th of October 2008 06:59:43 AM
Old 10-16-2008
problem with while loop

just try awk '{print \$1}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script loop problem

I am writing a shell script that simulates the `wc -w` command without actually using wc itself. My problem is that the script will only read the first line of the file and just keep looping through it. I have tried both while and for loops and got the same result. Can anyone help? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaxMouse
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

have a problem with if elif loop .. plz help me with the script

count2=0 var2=NOT if then echo"Loop1" command="egrep ',$var1," if then echo "the command is OR" command=$command"|,$var3," echo "$command" elif then command=$command"| egrep ',$var3," else ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syms
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with while loop in shell script

Hi All, How to read a file upto last line(End Of Line) I wrote below program: cat R2_20060719.610.txt | while read LINE do echo "$LINE" done above code reading all lines from a file and skipping last line...... is there anything wrong in my code. Please help me out from this... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop problem in c shell script

Hi all, i write a script c shell set i = 1 while ( $i <= $#array ) echo "$array" @ i++ end i want to set it to i = i +2 in that statement . Can anybody help me? ---------- Post updated at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:35 PM ---------- anybody not how to solve it??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop use while loop in csh script?

Hi all, i got 2 text file. file.txt value.txt i want use C shell script to write out while both of the file got different limit....how i going to write it in 1 while loop? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple script with while loop getting problem

Hello forum memebers. can you correct the simple while program. #! /bin/ksh count=10 while do echo $count count='expr$count-1' done I think it will print 10 to 1 numbers but it running for indefinite times. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem passing a search pattern to AWK inside a script loop

Learning, stumbling! My progress in shell scripting is slow. Now I have this doubt: I have the following file (users.txt): AU0909,on AU0309,off AU0209,on AU0109,off And this file (userson.txt) AU0909 AU0209 AU0109 AU0309 I just want to set those users on userson.txt to "off" in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: quinestor
14 Replies

8. Linux

Problem with my loop and awk script

Sorry if this is a super simple issue, but am extremely new to this and am trying to teach myself as I go along. But can someone please help me out? I have a data file similar to this for many samples, for all chromosomes Sample Chr bp p roh Sample1 1 49598178 0 1... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vuvuzelo
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with loop within loop

Hi, I work on Ab-initio ETL tool which is based on Unix. I made a small script which has two loop's one with in another. All the functionality is working for the first line of outer loop but when it comes to other lines of outer loop it is throwing error as command not found. Below is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL script loop problem

I have written the below PERL script to reprocess messages from a failure queue. It basically browses all the messages in the failure queue to individual files in a directory and then scans those files to determine the originating queue. The script will then move each message in turn from the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
0 Replies
ncursesw5-config(1)					      General Commands Manual					       ncursesw5-config(1)

NAME
ncursesw5-config - helper script for ncurses libraries SYNOPSIS
ncursesw5-config [options] DESCRIPTION
This is a shell script which simplifies configuring applications against a particular set of ncurses libraries. OPTIONS
--prefix echos the package-prefix of ncurses --exec-prefix echos the executable-prefix of ncurses --cflags echos the C compiler flags needed to compile with ncurses --libs echos the libraries needed to link with ncurses --version echos the release+patchdate version of ncurses --abi-version echos the ABI version of ncurses --mouse-version echos the mouse-interface version of ncurses --bindir echos the directory containing ncurses programs --datadir echos the directory containing ncurses data --includedir echos the directory containing ncurses header files --libdir echos the directory containing ncurses libraries --mandir echos the directory containing ncurses manpages --terminfo echos the $TERMINFO terminfo database path, e.g., /usr/share/terminfo --terminfo-dirs echos the $TERMINFO_DIRS directory list, e.g., /etc/terminfo:/lib/terminfo:/usr/share/terminfo --termpath echos the $TERMPATH termcap list, if support for termcap is configured. --help prints this message SEE ALSO
curses(3X) This describes ncurses version 5.9 (patch 20110404). ncursesw5-config(1)