Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE home directory is not mounting Post 302247573 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 16th of October 2008 03:18:31 AM
Old 10-16-2008
post the output of:

# fdisk -l

and

# cat /etc/fstab

also any error messages...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

mounting a directory to a windows 2000 shared folder

until recently I've been using the following command successfully: mount -t smbfs -o username=my_user_name,password=password /home/temp/ //oldserver/openexchange To connect to a Win2000 shared folder called openexchange on a machine called //oldserver. But as from today, I've been getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
2 Replies

2. SCO

/data directory not mounting

Dear sir, In my SCO unix system while running an isql because of the size of the files created the ./data directory become full and now I cannot boot the system in normal mode. I am botting the machine in single user mode but i cannot delete the files from /data directory cos it is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khelen
2 Replies

3. Slackware

mounting new directory

hi I installed slackware. How can I mount new partition I edit etc/fstab and add new mount point("back") What should I do next? When I perfom: mount /back it doesnt work. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

home directory

hello i want shell script. as root , i want to untar specific.tar.gz to all home user directory and after untar , there is 1.txt 2.txt ~~ 26.txt in/public_html/test1/ i want randomly selected 6 text files in 1.txt 2.txt ~26.txt to be renamed newword1.word , newword2.word , ~~... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a directory using nfs version4

Hi, I would like to know how can we mount a directory using nfs v4 ? When I use the below command, I am not sure what nfs version am using to mount the directory. mount -t <server_name>:<shared_directory> <shared_directory>. eg: mount -t 10.50.0.8:/home/arun/mount/share_dir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunsriniv
7 Replies

7. AIX

Mounting a directory in a filesystem

Hi All, Recently I came to know my / root file system is getting full because of application directory /siebel/ I have one option. 1) Down the application , take full backup 2)change the filesystem ownership 2)copy the contents into that filesystem cp -pr /siebel/* /siebelfs/* 3)Inform... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Delay mounting of home directory?

I wonder if it is possible to delay mounting of a home directory? Here is the background to the problem I am trying to solve: I have two zfs disks, one rpool disk, and one zfs data disk. On the zfs data disk, I have data directories. In Solaris 11.3 there are default home directories on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
6 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
PAM_CHROOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     PAM_CHROOT(8)

NAME
pam_chroot -- Chroot PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] module-type control-flag pam_chroot [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The chroot service module for PAM chroots users into either a predetermined directory or one derived from their home directory. If a user's home directory as specified in the passwd structure returned by getpwnam(3) contains the string ``/./'', the portion of the directory name to the left of that string is used as the chroot directory, and the portion to the right will be the current working directory inside the chroot tree. Otherwise, the directories specified by the dir and cwd options (see below) are used. also_root Do not hold user ID 0 exempt from the chroot requirement. always Report a failure if a chroot directory could not be derived from the user's home directory, and the dir option was not specified. cwd=directory Specify the directory to chdir(2) into after a successful chroot(2) call. dir=directory Specify the chroot directory to use if one could not be derived from the user's home directory. SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam(8) AUTHORS
The pam_chroot module and this manual page were developed for the FreeBSD Project by ThinkSec AS and NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
February 10, 2003 BSD